Author Topic: 54 60S interior paint  (Read 73 times)

Offline RobertM

54 60S interior paint
« on: June 07, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
The 54 Sixty Special finally made it to the paint shop this week!! They are going to have her for quite a while.  Not a rotisserie restoration, but it's getting blasted and there is some bodywork needed. Truthfully, I'll be spending more than the car is probably worth, but this one is staying with me to the grave anyway.

I have some questions regarding interior paint.  The 54 60S interior has a two-tone paint scheme. Mine should be Caprice Blue (lighter) and Princess Blue (darker). You can see the original faded paint in the picture.
 1. Can someone give me a good modern reference for these paint colors.
 2. Why is it that the steering column, the beltline of the door panel and the dashboard face are supposed to be the same color but faded so drastically differently? Is it possible they were all different colors originally?
 3. Any thoughts on making all the interior one paint color instead of two-tone? I'm changing the exterior color from Newport Blue to Cobalt Blue.

Thanks, Bob
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:33:51 AM by RobertM »
Bob Melms
'54 60S
'99 Eldorado

Offline South_paw

Re: 54 60S interior paint
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »
Bob,

I would make sure the colors match. Don't bother with any current references to the colors. Just have one of the samples matched for best results
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline RobertM

Re: 54 60S interior paint
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
We decided the upper, darker areas will be body color- cobalt blue. The rest will be close to the caprice blue but definitely will be matched to the rest of the interior.
Bob Melms
'54 60S
'99 Eldorado