Author Topic: rear quarter patch panel  (Read 545 times)

Offline tommymissy

rear quarter patch panel
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »
Where can we buy rear quarter patch panels for the outer metal from the rear of the door to the front edge of the rear wheel well on a 1962 cadillac convertible.
Need the metal that is below the feature line(skeg)- both driver and passenger side.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:31:26 PM by tommymissy »

Online Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: rear quarter patch panel
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
You could buy a rocker panel section and adjust it to fit.  Are you looking at these type of areas.  I bought from Classic to current fabricators
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline tommymissy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
I have purchased a pair - of aftermarket - outer rocker panels thinking that I may be able to modify them to fit. Is that what you are suggesting?
 If anyone makes a replacement for the lower section, under, or up to the skeg., I would just as soon buy the pair and weld them in.

Again I need to repair the outer metal under the skeg -- from the rear of the door edge back to the front edge of the rear wheel opening.
On a 1962 Cadillac convertible.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:22:25 AM by tommymissy »

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
Hello tommymissy  Their are no major patch panals for 61-2 cadillacs at this time .Alternative is to find a parts car from a salavage car willing to cut a section.Most times owners or body shops make their own.

Offline 62caddyguy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 11:54:01 AM »
Hello
        There are patch panels available from usapartssupply. They had fender patch panels,innner and outer rocker panels for both 61 & 62 Cadillacs. I ordered 2 fender patch panels
and a outer passenger side rocker panel that fit perfectly. Give them a try and let me know..

Gary DellaVecchio

Offline tommymissy

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »
Gary,
 Thanks for the lead. Just called usapartssupply and unfortunately the pair of parts they have ( C016FC and Co16FD) are for  the REAR of the quarter panel.
Still looking,or will just need to make our own.
Thx again
Tom

Offline tommymissy

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
Clewisiii,
 Any other thoughts? How did you close in the end of the patch piece, by closing in the outer rocker metal itself?
I have both a NEW inner rocker and a NEW outer rocker to start with.
Thx
Tom
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:00:54 PM by tommymissy »

Online Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »
Use card stock. (Manila folders) and begin to make paper templates. You can then see where you need to make folds and bends.  I got pretty decent at just hammering the metal to eventually take the shape I needed. I will be buying a slip roll and metal brake. And a shrinker  stretcher.

Look up YouTube videos of a guy making body panels for his willies Jeep. I learned a lot of tricks from him.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering