Author Topic: A few trailer questions  (Read 676 times)

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
Re: A few trailer questions
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »
My 2013 F150 has the 3.5L Ecoboost and not the standard 2.7. I selected the ecoboost engine over the V-8 as it had a higher towing capacity and higher torque rating than the V-8. It was also supposed to have better gas mileage but I have not seen that, but then 90% of my driving is in the city. It does not have the Max Towing Package, just the standard trailer package setup.
If I did a lot of towing I definitely would go with the F250 or F350, but I cannot justify that large of a truck for how I would use it on a daily basis. I really like your equipment hauler over a standard car hauler and would definitely go that way after reading your post but I just don't have a place to store a trailer and I don't want to have to pay a monthly storage fee if I only use it once every two or three years.   
After reading your posts and doing some more research I think it will probably do ok since the trip is all flat country (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas) and I have 4 Lane highway for just about the entire route. I really would love to just drive the car, and I still might, I just have not taken it anywhere near that far before.

if your car is in good mechanical shape, I would drive it
I am a fan of driving my car everywhere
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline AutoCad

Re: A few trailer questions
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
Amen to that. Drive it!!!
Been there and back, in my Cadillac...