Author Topic: Hershey Skeggers  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Sixfins

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Harrisburg , Pennsylvania.
Hershey Skeggers
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:57:59 AM »
Special thanks to lou and Dan. We had an attempt yesterday at a hostile takeover, names are not important. Dan worked the phones and I the site to nip it in the bud. So here we are. gas anyone contacted Rob, Motherbrain. I sent an email to an address i believe is his byt have heard nothing back.
    Hershey. As many of you know, Hershey is the largest car event on planet Earth. Nothing comes close. A bunch of skeggars, namely, myself, Superman, Eric Deville, Dan LaBlanc, Jimmy fr St louis, C.R.Patton , Walter Youshock, 62 squared bivowaced at my home for a week. Lots of food, wine beer and laughter. Callins from Wayno and Dave. What fun. Dan  arrived on Monday with Superman right behind and then the cool and slick Keith and it filled up. A nice collection of fins. Im sure Dan will post some pics today when he gets a chance. That Wed night we visited Bill Wessels collection. An acquintence of mine he treated the clc to view his collection. The biggest collection of formal cars ive ever seen. Might sell him my lasalle. So, in conclusion, the site was down but the skeggars were not. Enjoy the pics when up. Sixfins

Offline Dan LeBlanc

Re: Hershey Skeggers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »
I've emailed as many people as I had contact information for and reached out through Facebook, but, surprisingly, I don't have an email address for Motherbrain.  Hopefully someone has his contact info.

Hershey week.  Yes, it was great as always.  Art - I'm still trying to lose that last couple of pounds of the 12 I put on during Hershey week.  We ate and we drank, drank some more, and ate again.  It was good to meet Jim Lumma for the first time and of course see the familiar faces like Keith, Eric, Mike, and Art and Jan. 

I arrived on Monday with the 61 in tow.  I was a little skeptical going back to a gas truck, but, I got to tell ya, the Ford V-10 is a great engine.  Pulled every bit as well as my 7.3 diesels I had and got similar gas mileage too.  Tuesday, Mike arrived in a whirlwind cloud of dust as he always does.  Made the trip from New Jersey to Art's in all of about 6 minutes. 

Wednesday night, Art led the way down to Bill Wessel's to check out his collection.  Man, Art is right, I've never seen so many formal cars in one place at the same time.  Here they are:

Brad and his crew from Ohio were along for the tour as well.  Eric, Mike, Art, Jim, and I were all there.  There was food, music, and not to mention drinks overflowing.  It was a great night indeed.

Thursday night was the 1 year anniversary of when Crystal and I got engaged down at Fort Hunter Park.  We had a cruise night that night with Mike, Eric, Art, and Jan.  So, what was more fitting than to have a cruise night to mark the event.  Keith, the fine haired Cincinattidentite that he is had hair flowing in the wind with the top down in Art's Eldorado, Art and Jan in their Fleetwood, Eric in his 1959 air conditioned bubble, and Crystal and I in the Fleetwood, with all of us trying to keep up with Mikey along the way.  Afterward, we hit our favorite spot, Giotti's and met up with Brad and the Ohio crew and some friends from Philly before heading back to Art's for a nightcap.

Friday, we all sort of relaxed and enjoyed the nice weather that was too good to be true for Hershey week before the big show on Saturday.  Art's Eldorado went on to get it's first junior and I went on with the 61 to get my senior award.

In all, it was a great week.
1970 deVille Convertible
1977 Continental Town Car

Offline Sixfins

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Harrisburg , Pennsylvania.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »
You forgot to mention the cruise around the traffic circle holding up traffic in all directions, honkin the horn. Ring around the posey as we did back in 2012. I forgot all about Brads ohio crew who join us each year. So despite the site down as you can see it goes on.

Offline Dan LeBlanc

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
And it still pisses people off to no end when we do it.  That pissed off look is priceless.
1970 deVille Convertible
1977 Continental Town Car