Author Topic: Blower motor rubber vent tube  (Read 412 times)

Offline FINCADI

Blower motor rubber vent tube
« on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:38 PM »
I am wanting to purchase a rubber vent tube that exits the blower motor.  This would be for the blower motor on a 1961 Cadillac with AC if that makes a difference.
Thanks, Doug   

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Blower motor rubber vent tube
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:17:35 PM »
Hi Carl, No that is not the part I am looking for.  The part I am needing looks a little like a rubber hose approx. 3/4 inch in diameter that has a flanged end that connects into a hole in the blower motor. If I remember correctly it is an "L" shaped hose approx. 4-5 inches long.  Mine had deteriorated to the point that it broke off when I tried to remove it to repaint the blower motor a couple of years ago. I thought I had kept it as a resource but I can no longer find it so it must have got tossed. Doug   

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
So this is what you are looking for. Mine is cracked as well. I would contact old air products to see if they have something. I am sending out my whole set up for restoration
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:33:17 PM »
Yep, that is the part.  I will try the place you mention and in the meantime maybe someone on this website will have one they would part with.
Thanks for the nice photo to show what I am looking for!  Doug

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
Charles Kettering

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Thank you, Carl.  Original Air just refurbished my AC Compressor and did a fantastic job.  I will check with them.
Doug