Author Topic: 1962 biarritz door pull screw covers and windshield washer reservoir  (Read 196 times)

Offline kkarrer

It looks as though there should be 2 (on each door) rectangular screw covers on the door pulls of my 61 biarritz.  Does anyone have a picture of them or know of a source for them?  Also, I need to see if the windshield washer bottle, holder, and lid top are similar to the 59.  I think they stayed with the glass type until 63, but mine is currently plastic.  I know that the location changed and that they were at the front of the driver's side fender well and not on the firewall.
Thanks,
Ken

Offline rare eldorado

Re: 1962 biarritz door pull screw covers and windshield washer reservoir
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:51 AM »
There were 2 versions for washer bottles for 62 .The early 62s used glass bottles the 2d after feb/62 used plastic bottles ,,however the changeover date is not clear in the parts or accy books.The books just state before or after a certain date.All cads in 63 and up used plastic .only a very rare few after 63 had glass bottles. Could not find any option list to verify this after 63.May have been dealer installed.

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
I will post pictures of the door pull covers tonight.  Just a note. You may want to move these questions to the 61 62 section below.  Just to leave the space clear for the 49 to 60 group.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Perk2

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
The screw covers get damaged easily if not removed carefully, which is probably why not many exist if not already on a car.

1961 all had glass washer jars as far as I know.

Carl has a good point, move your questions etc to the 61-62 group...still looking forward to pics of your car!
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline kkarrer

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:14:49 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I'll move my questions to 61-62 in the future.  Just figured I might want to reach the broader audience, since so many of us have expertise beyond the particular year that we currently own or are restoring.
Thanks,
Ken

Offline Clewisiii

• Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:50 PM »
Almost forgot I said I would post these. I am going to be on the search for a couple of the red lenses myself
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline kkarrer

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
Thanks for posting those pictures.  I figured that's what they looked like.  My red and clear door light lenses are good, but I really do need a pair of those covers.
Thanks again,
Ken

Offline 62droptop

• 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:44:33 PM »
There were 2 versions for washer bottles for 62 .The early 62s used glass bottles the 2d after feb/62 used plastic bottles ,,however the changeover date is not clear in the parts or accy books.The books just state before or after a certain date.All cads in 63 and up used plastic .only a very rare few after 63 had glass bottles. Could not find any option list to verify this after 63.May have been dealer installed.
we did a breakdown on the old 61-62 site based on build dates of known cars for the washer bottles
I forget what conclusion we came to but it was interesting to note
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline kkarrer

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:43:49 PM »
Thanks.  I have a glass jar on the way, but my plastic tank appears to be correct for 62 to 64 I think.  If anyone needs it just let me know.
Ken Karrer
CenTex Reg. Dir.
kenneth.karrer@gmail.com