Author Topic: Been away a long time.  (Read 84 times)

Offline screamer

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Auckland, New Zealand
Been away a long time.
« on: December 05, 2017, 03:05:12 AM »
Hi Cadillac People

I have been away from the website for quite a long time now.

I have been travelling the world and have been parted from my coupe for about a year.

My apologies to any members i passed by when i was in the US and did not visit.

My intention was to get to know as many members as possible, however...

My Chevy broke down in Hope, Canada (Transmission) and it changed my travel plans quite majorly. (Hope is where they filmed Rambo) Nice town but i didnt really want to stay there for 5 days...

I was really hoping to catch up with Dan in Calgary but we were only there for 2 days visiting some good friends( we were planning on a week originally) Sorry Dan. Maybe next time mate. We are definitely planning on coming back. We were there for Canada day and it was awesome.
A really friendly bunch and Calgary knows how to party!

The trip through the US was amazing. A really diverse country and incredibly friendly and welcoming people.

I was lucky enough to catch up with Peter H when i first arrived in California to look for a car (should have spent longer looking :) )

I will probably be on the site a bit more as i am back in New Zealand (Long story but basically my wife could not apply for her visa in the UK. It has to be from NZ, so we are back for summer)

I am doing a bit of well needed Caddy maintenance right now.  The list includes..

Carb work but not a full rebuild hopefully.

Brake honing and bleeding.

Getting around to blocking off my crossover. It had a crack and has a vacuum leak (or maybe it is the choke tube? Anyone ever done this?)

Various gaskets etc...

At least i have some nice weather to work in but my mothers garage (where it is stored) is pretty small and not a great work space.

Anyway... Great to be back and hope you all have been good in my absence Lol

Steve (Screamer)