Author Topic: Odd question: non Cadillac related but I need your help  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Cadillacfreak

Odd question: non Cadillac related but I need your help
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
Hello people,

I'm from the Netherlands and we are planning our holiday for this summer in the USA.
But what's the most beautifull state to visit? Is that California?
And what are nice cities or areas to visit? And what are the best car-related hot spots? I'm thinking about also stopping by the Gas Monkies in Dallas, has anyone done this? And is this 'do' or 'don't?
Many thanks in advance.

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Odd question: non Cadillac related but I need your help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
I am partial to Michigan. The entire west coast.  You can go ghetto cruising in Flint and see GM Factory 1. It is the Dort Carriage company Billy Durant was at while starting GM. Northern Michigan is beautiful if you like Nature. Henry Ford museam and Greenfield village is nice.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »
https://backtothebricks.org/

Back to the bricks car show in Flint
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
http://woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Woodward dream cruis in metro Detroit around the same time.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:52:20 PM »
A lot of people do not realize GM is from Flint not Detroit.
Charles Kettering

Offline Perk2

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
I agree Carl, I'm partial to Michigan too, very beautiful all year.

California coast is awesome though, from LA all the way to Washington!
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline RobertM

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »
Keep in mind the size of the US, though I'm sure you already realize that. It's a 2 or 3 day drive from southern California to Dallas, and it's legitimately a 7-day drive across the country with hardly a stop other than for fuel and sleep.

The Pacific Coast highway (especially from about Monterey going south to and thru Big Sur) is the most breathtaking drive I've ever taken. For other beautiful views, you can't beat the Grand Canyon, and about a 12 hour drive away from there is Yellowstone Park.

The drive from Denver, Colorado to Cheyenne, Wyoming is very cool with the Rockies never changing off to your left the whole way. Treat yourself to Frontier days in Cheyenne July 20-29 with rodeos and a huge cowboy-themed fair.

I'm also partial to Michigan, having grown up in Detroit.  So much to see, but leave Detroit alone. Dearborn is the best choice for car-related tourism with the Henry Ford Museum.  Or go to Fort Mackinack on Mackinack island which is a small island between the peninsulas where cars aren't even allowed.  The 5 or so hr scenic route along the east coast of the state to get there is stunning.

And don't forget the CLC Grand National! June 6-9 in San Marcos, Texas!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:23:20 AM by RobertM »
Bob Melms
'54 60S
'99 Eldorado

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »
no cruise is complete without driving route 66 ,The start of it all and its history.

Offline Hotrodln

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »
California and the west coast probably has the best weather most of the year- the southwest could be super hot if you go in the summer- The Northeast has some of the nicest scenery in the summer. Your going to have to make a few trips ! you can't see it all in one visit, unless you stay the whole year!
HOTRODLN AKA Pat Prendergast