Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 25874 times)

Offline 62 driver

Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »
I went ahead and Sandblasted the water gallery's and more crusty parts of the heads. Since everything will be machined and it is cast iron I am not to concerned. A large cloud of rust was blasted out.

Wow nice job! Keep at it.

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 12:09:36 PM »
I wanted to research more on what I want for interior. I went to Shultz and Sons in Flint Michigan

https://www.chschultzandsons.com

I was hoping to see other leather options and really get a feel for the leathers. They only had color samples so I could not estimate its haptics.

So I decided I will go with the Cashmere leather from Eagle Ottowa. It is used in 2015 Lincoln. Unfortunately Shultz and sons cannot buy it direct anymore. So I will try to get it through purchasing at my work. Although we do not use that leather anywhere. I hope I can do a spot buy.

If I was not picky I could use this ski grey I have on hand. I have 100 hydes that I am not allowed to use in production. However the stuff feels like cardboard. I degenerate do not want it in my car. 
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »
Definitely how did it get degenerate

Auto correct stinks.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
When I talked to them they said it will be possible to integrate shoulder straps into my seat backs.

I am going to work on getting 5 center belt detractors from the Lincoln as they already match the color.
Charles Kettering

Offline Crispy

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 11:51:56 PM »
Lucky it just dropped on the jack & didn't spin around, out of balance & destroy everything.
Gotta build me one of those though, floorpan repair turnaround would be cut in half.

Lookin' good, hit 'er with manual labor until the wife lets you spend more money. ;)

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »
I have been slowly working through block sanding. I was having a lot of trouble keeping a good profile in these character lines around the Windows. I did not want to round them over.

In the end I came up with a method that works well. Though it is very time consuming.  But now it is so smooth and consistent. 
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
I streched tape from the rocket front to the rear. At the center the tape was 3/8 of an inch away from the rocker. I know for four door the rocker was two peice. The lead seam is about center of the rear door.   I think the guy on the driver side of the line was not very good at his job. The rocker lead seam did not replicate the rocker band well. And the quarter seam to the trunk was very sloppy.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
Why are they always sideways.
Charles Kettering

Offline South_paw

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
@Clewisiii send me a picture to my email please. Also let me know if the picture was from a Iphone. More than likely it's related to the forum auto re-size feature but I need to see one of your pics directly from you to figure it out. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:06:53 PM by South_paw »
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2015, 04:40:34 PM »
Well since it was free I decided to take it. 7 full hydes of light grey. 2.5 hydes of indigo blue. Now I will need to decide if the carpet will be light blue or grey. For now I am leaning toward grey.
Charles Kettering