Author Topic: Windshhield washer leak  (Read 92 times)

Offline Saturnin15

Windshhield washer leak
« on: July 29, 2018, 03:33:01 PM »
Hello every one! I have a windshield washer leak at the bezel. (The chrome bezel under the wiper arms) There is a small rubber seal that fits the hole under the bezel and it might be dry out.  Any idea how to fix that?

Offline JAG56Cad

Re: Windshhield washer leak
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 06:08:19 PM »
Hello every one! I have a windshield washer leak at the bezel. (The chrome bezel under the wiper arms) There is a small rubber seal that fits the hole under the bezel and it might be dry out.  Any idea how to fix that?

I had good luck in using regular rubber hose.

You would need to find one (sorry I canít recall the size Iíve used on mine) that would fit the diameter of the brass tube on the bezel once you removed the escutcheon.

Cut the hose about 1/4Ē or so, flat on one end against the transmission mounting plate and angle on the other. You need to look at the inside of the bezel to see the angle to fit the rubber piece is a trial and error.  ;)

Insert the piece in the brass tube, once you insert the bezel and tight the escutcheon nut the rubber will compressed and seal the area.

Good luck..!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:32:02 AM by JAG56Cad »
Jose Gomez
CLC Member #23082

Offline Caddy Daddy 55

Re: Windshhield washer leak
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »
100% agree with Jose. You have to fiddle with it to long and it will not tighten down to short and it will not squirt properly.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob K
Bob K
Keep Cruzin
1955 Fleetwood aka Annie