Author Topic: Show us your Mid-Century masterpieces  (Read 25671 times)

Offline Bill Caddyshack

Re: Show us your Mid-Century masterpieces
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »
My first classic, 1956 Coupe de Ville - frame up restoration. I really love the spotlights. Sonic Blue lower and interior, Tahoe blue top.  Power windows, power 6 way posture seat. XM radio hidden in glovebox. Diamondback radials.

Hmm, look familiar okccadman? Nice color combo. I had to go have a look in my garage when I saw your pictures!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:21:54 AM by Bill Caddyshack »

Offline Bill Caddyshack

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 05:15:46 AM »
My second classic - 1958 Eldorado Biarritz - gold sabres, read and white leather interior, power everything, including vent windows. Diamondback radials. Parade boot. Tri-Power carbs.

Good driver - undergoing some restoration in my home garage.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:20:52 AM by Bill Caddyshack »

Offline South_paw

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 07:14:45 AM »
Nice Cads Bill  8)

Your '58 has a twin on Long Island, right down to the gold sabres too. Come to think of it, his name is Bill as well  ;D

Offline Ed Leed

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »
Here is our 1954 Series 62 Sedan.  We bought her in 2011 and brought her to her new home to the Chicago suburbs from Oklahoma with 46,676 miles.  Now has 48,750 miles.  Original except for a repaint in the 80's.  Cruises nicely at 75 and she liked the quick burst to 90 mph.  And the AC works, R12 and all.  This Caddy spent her entire life in Oklahoma, is totally rust free, was well cared for and other than changing all of the fluids, I have had very little to do to her.  This is our first Cadillac, although my dad owned a '47, '51 and  a '53 when I was a kid.  Which is why I always wanted a Mid Century Cadillac.
Best regards,

Ed Leed
CLC #26541
1954 Series 62 Sedan
2004 DeVille
Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Offline South_paw

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
Very nice  8)

Offline okccadman

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »
Ed, Your 54 is gorgeous!  I remember occasionally seeing around here in Oklahoma for several years before you bought it.
Jim Jordan
Oklahoma City, OK

Offline Bill Caddyshack

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
Nice cad, Ed. Friend had a similar color combination in a '56. "pecos beige".

Offline Bill Caddyshack

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 04:57:50 AM »
My 1959 Series 62 convertible.I was 16 when these came out. Just got my driver's license. I wanted my father to buy one, but he got a '59 Chev station wagon. Said it was more "practical."

To me it was an icon! Towering fins. Chrome by the ton! America at it's most opulent exuberance! Chromefest! A rocket-ship! Two grills, front and rear. Fins almost four feet high!

Love it or not, a very powerful statement of automotive design.

Had to do some serious talking to get her away from a local Corvette collector! It seemed surreal when we first drove her home. We had to go our in the garage several times to have a look and be sure it was not a dream.  8)

Wire wheels, 2 3/4 wide Diamondback radial tires. Factory AC and cruise control. Tan leather interior. Power everything and it all works!  A lot of new chrome.

The last picture is just before Saint Patrick's day parade. Captain Planet, champion of hybrid cars and green ecology, juxtaposed in a mighty symbol of gas guzzling Detroit Iron.  ;D  ::)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:16:04 AM by Bill Caddyshack »

Offline South_paw

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
The last picture is just before Saint Patrick's day parade. Captain Planet, champion of hybrid cars and green ecology, juxtaposed in a mighty symbol of gas guzzling Detroit Iron.  ;D  ::)

Dripping with irony ;D    Nice collection Bill.

Offline Bill Caddyshack

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »

Dripping with irony ;D    Nice collection Bill.

Yeah. Gas mileage is 10-15 MPG, I guess. Don't really care.

The woman is Ted Turner's (CNN) daughter. When she first saw the '59, she said she should be riding in a hybrid,  ::) but there were none available at the time. So she did not want to walk. Irony is fun when it is on the other person! ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:17:58 AM by Bill Caddyshack »