Author Topic: FS: 1962 Sedan DeVille - 4 window  (Read 267 times)

Offline Mabryusmc

FS: 1962 Sedan DeVille - 4 window
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »
1962 Cadillac DeVille 4 door/4window. Numbers matching engine and trans. LOTS of new parts. White/silver w/ light blue pinstripe exterior. Matching white/ light blue custom interior. Headliner is in great shape. Door panels are original and in good condition... the cloth section is a little dirty from old age. Power seats and windows work well. Trunk will need a carpet kit but I have all original cardboard paneling. Newer paint in good condition. Az car with no rust. Clean AZ title in hand. Car is/was an AC car. It wasnt installed on the car when I got it but I have ALL removed AC components in a box.

In the photos the car is missing a hubcap, I have the hubcap. Tire place put the new tire on the spare rim and the hubcap wont fit the spare rim. I will have the new tire mounted to the correct rim. Also, a few pieces of trim are not installed in the photos. I have them, theyre just not installed.

NEW:
motor mounts
transmission mount
spherical joint
shocks
tires
stereo w/ speakers (bluetooth)
carpet
custom seats (completely rebuilt, new foam)
custom dash (same material as seats)

Ok, sooooo the bad. The car runs and drives. You can fire it up and cruise it around town however the engine is going to need some attention. Loud lifter tick front/right. Ran rislone for awhile and it didnt really help. Also, theres some blow-by. That along with the power steering gearbox and oil pan gasket leaking pretty good. Might be able to extend the life with some new lifters and gaskets... might need a full rebuild? Tranny is good though. Runs smooth and shifts well.

I plan on pulling the motor and rebuilding if the car doesnt sell. We just bought a new house that needs some serious updating/remodeling so I wont have time to get to the car anytime soon.

Car is awesome and gets WAY MORE LOOKS, WAVES, and PHOTOS than my vette. Everywhere I go people stop me to talk about the car. Will only let it go for 9,000. If youre going further than across town I would recommend a trailer.

Call or text with questions 928-600-5068 or email at mabryusmc@gmail.com

Offline russ austin

Re: FS: 1962 Sedan DeVille - 4 window
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
I say sell the vette, rebuild the motor and work on the house. WIN WIN!
63 series 62 4 window sedan, 63 Superior Hearse
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA