Author Topic: New rear control arms  (Read 2327 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Re: New rear control arms
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »
TMB, I think there are quite a few different air bag options out there, which one are you using?. Are you saying you would want them with the plate manufactured and installed? Or, would you be adapting your own plate?
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline themotherbrain

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
It doesn't really matter what setup you use as they are pretty much the same lower mount for the rear. The more I think about it, the flex in my stock arms are likely more beneficial for side to side motion. I would probably need some sort of heim joint in order to not twist things up. Might be more bs than its worth to you. There is a really sweet rear tubular arm kit available on ebay but damn its expensive! I really like their front arm kit too as it eliminates the strut rod. Im never gonna fin8sh this thing at this rate!   :o
-I am the liquor.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
If you are operating the corners individually you might want the Currie Johnnie Joints similar to what I installed on my personal custom arms. Mine are serious over kill but if you went a little narrower and made spacers for each side of the JJ inner sleeve to Caddy mounting bracket, you would have lot's of articulation.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline russ austin

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »
Hey Motherbrain, whats this about a kit elimination the strut rods? 
63 series 62 4 window sedan, 63 Superior Hearse
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »
speaking of rear bushings, I replaced mine with rare parts ones ,not sure how well they are holding up though

I think the biggest difference in my car handling since I boxed my arms is the fact that  the upper a arm on my rear axle  is off a 59 0r 60 and has much smaller bushings

I know boxing my stock arms made a big difference, I bet Dans arms  make a huge difference

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:09:05 PM by 62droptop »
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline themotherbrain

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »
These are what I was talking about. I think I might buy this front kit. I have air ride of course though. It is pretty slick but it ain't free!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201855870857

Here is their rear kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182535654220
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:32:21 PM by themotherbrain »
-I am the liquor.

Offline russ austin

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »
Holy crap batman!, that's what I have been wanting to do for a while now. Get rid of the crappy bushings at the front cross member and put in a heim joint.

I sent them a message, if they made a lower control arm for the stock setup.
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 09:21:21 PM »
It would be nice to know if they can supply it without the bag perches and shock mount. I'd add my own mounts to run QA1 or equivalent coil overs.

Offline russ austin

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
Been messaging the guy, and they do not have lower control arms for the stock setup with springs. 
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »
Here is a photo of some arms I shipped out today for a bagged 59 project. This is the last set that I will manufacture entirely myself, the next 10 are going to have CNC machined tubes and water jetted perch components. I should have the first batch built in 2 to 3 weeks.