Author Topic: Finally solved problem with my Jetaway, with pics  (Read 816 times)

Offline Roger Zimmermann

Re: Finally solved problem with my Jetaway, with pics
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 01:57:45 AM »
Jetaway transmissions are rather complex; this is the reason transmission shops don't like them.
I doubt that vibrations are coming from the transmission; maybe the center bearing from the drive shaft is bad.

Offline Perk2

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »
Where is the fluid leaking from?
The rear seal by the driveshaft?
Dripping out the torus cover plate?
Around the pan?
Is it all red in color or is there evidence of other fluid like water or antifreeze?
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline 62Caddee

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 SDV in Carrollton, TX
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure its leaking out of the dip stick tube, speedo connection, and also the tail shaft seal.  I plan on draining the fluid, replacing all of the external seals that I can, and then seeing how it goes.

Good idea on the support bearing!  I'll take a look at it.

Offline Perk2

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:55 AM »
Dipstick tube has an oring in it and causes leaks if not replaced or installed correctly...plenty of talk on here about that
The rear seal where the drive shaft goes in and seals, notorious for being installed incorrectly and causing damage to the seal when putting the drive shaft in, or when trying to put the seal into the shaft.

Of course it could be something more major, but the two items you pointed out cold have easy fixes....or not lol
Perk
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 01:41:31 AM »
Dipstick tube has an oring in it and causes leaks if not replaced or installed correctly...
In fact, the o-ring is located into the transmission case. If the dipstick tube is damaged at the location which slip into the o-ring, you have a leak.