Author Topic: Looking for a body shop in North Carolina  (Read 119 times)

Offline RobertM

Looking for a body shop in North Carolina
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »
Hi all,

It's been a few years since I've posted in here.  I am getting the itch again!

I am looking for recommendations for a body shop in the Raleigh or Sanford NC area. I have a '54 60 Special and am looking for a shop to do body and paint. She is a great 20-footer, but once you get close you can see it's a tired quickie '80s paint job.

I already did everything under the hood. Rebuilt motor and trans, everything under there is restored/refurbished/repainted. But I'm definitely not a bodywork guy. To cut costs or time,  I could do the grunt work (sanding, etc).

Let me know if you know a restoration shop, or even a collision/body shop that will take a side project.

I currently live in Connecticut but plan on moving soon down toward that area to be nearer my parents and some other family. I am really hoping to bring the car down this winter ahead of my move.

Thanks!
Bob Melms
'54 60S

Offline RobertM

Re: Looking for a body shop in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
I have brought the old girl to my parents' place in Sanford, North Carolina. Still no good leads on a place to do paint, chrome and interior.

Anyone?
Bob Melms
'54 60S

Offline South_paw

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:39:35 PM »
Wish I knew of a guy for ya Bob. I'll ask around some more. One option is to call some clc members in and around that area. I would think that is your best bet.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline RobertM

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »
 Thanks Lou,

I'm going to talk to a couple places that look good from online searches, but personal recommendations are big to me.  I tried emailing a local CLC chapter a couple weeks back but haven't gotten a reply. I'll try to find another way to contact them.
Bob Melms
'54 60S