Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 23635 times)

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2017, 08:46:37 PM »
I look forward to the day that I can be in my 61, stuck in Metro Detroit morning rush hour traffic.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »
My front wheels are back on the ground for the first time in 2 years. I am still waiting on a few parts to do the rear.  I chased all the threads on the captured body mounts and did a light coat of antisieze.

I will reuse the old body mounts for now and reassemble the body.  I want to start body work on the doors and fenders. That will be easy to do in the fall/winter. Maybe in 2 months this will start looking like a car again.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
My adapters came in today and they are a perfect fit.  The wheels are now back on the ground for the first time in 2 years.  All wheel drive brakes maintaining the stock wheels hub centric. 

I will attempt to put the body on the frame this weekend. I need to finish the body work.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »
The first step of the weekend is done. The body is back on the frame.  Doing this myself was very sketchy and dangerous. 

My goal is to set the fenders doors and hoods this weekend.
Charles Kettering

Offline 6Caddy2

« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
Looking good so far Carl!!! Suspension components and the disc brakes look outstanding!!

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »
Thank You. It has been exactly 3 years since purchase.  I am happy with the progress.
Charles Kettering

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
everything looks great...would it not be easy to paint the body and parts first and then assemble the car ?rather then doing it twice

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »
I need to match the body work from panel to panel.  So I have do assemble for that.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »
All. I need some advice. 

I am working through my temporary assembly. I need to install the doors and hinges.  My hinges are crusty but they functioned perfectly before disassembly. 

Can I bead blast these without harming the function of the pins. Are replacement pins available.  What are your thoughts.
Charles Kettering

Offline CrimsonCad

« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2017, 03:33:16 AM »
I used 66 Impala pins on mine only because I already had the new pins. They are longer than the Caddy ones so I cut them to size, ground the ends to the cone shape of the original ones and then gently cut the locking circlip slot around the pin with a thin cutting disc. Worked a treat!  :)