Author Topic: AM transmiter  (Read 427 times)

Offline Saturnin15

AM transmiter
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »
Does anybody have experienced small AM transmiter to use an mp3 player with an original radio?

Offline Caddy Daddy 55

Re: AM transmiter
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:21 PM »
I would highly recommend a device called RediRad short for rediscover radio. Very easy to install you supply it with 12vdc you plug your antenna into it then plug the antenna output into your original radio. It has a cord that you can use a mp2,cd,smart phone or I pod with it. I installed it in my 55 and it works perfectly. When you what to use the radio you just dial it off of am 1000. It's a small unit and tucks up easily under the dash. RediRad is engineered and made in the U.S.A. When I bought it at a show it was $99.00 so I saved the shipping cost and talked to the engineer who designed and markets the device. You can go on there web site redirad.com or call 262-646-3363.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Bob K
Keep Cruzin
1955 Fleetwood aka Annie

Offline Saturnin15

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:44 PM »
Seems great!

Offline Perk2

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »
I have one in my '60 Corvette Wonderbar radio and it works FANTASTIC!
There is a model specifically for AM only radios, and another for AM/FM...be sure you stipulate which you need when you order.
You have to play with the volume knob and the volume on your iPhone (or other device) to get the sound just right and not cracking up...only takes a few second to hit the sweet spot, and you have your stock AM as well.

My Caddy has the iPhone (MP3, etc) jack professionally integrated into the circuit board of the radio, so no tuning to stations required.

Both are win/win...the RediRad is an awesome item!
Perk
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline Saturnin15

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
I have ordered one yesterday!  Can't wait to try it!  Thank you for the hint.

Offline Saturnin15

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
I've just installed it on my car today, what a marvelous product.  Easy to install and my radio sounded great!