Author Topic: I'm back. This time with a 1955 Coupe Deville  (Read 334 times)

Offline Aldixie

I'm back. This time with a 1955 Coupe Deville
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
Hi Guys

Been a while since I've been on this forum as I had sold my 56 Sedan a couple of years back. Regretted it ever since. Well yesterday I drove 4 hours each way to look at a Coupe. (Texas what can I say)

Well I fell in love all over again and had to buy it. Wife came with me as a sensible person but couldn't talk me out of it. It needs a lot of work but is nearly complete only missing the air cleaner and hood springs. The rust you can see is surface rust. She does need floor pans but trunk and rocker panels were all solid. Can't wait to get her home to start working on her.

Offline Eldorado Mike

Re: I'm back. This time with a 1955 Coupe Deville
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »
Looks like a great place to start.

I really like the continental kit.

Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress.

Mike

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »
car looks to have factory ac seeing the rear air scoops ... and a cont/kit ..2 rare options.great find

Offline Aldixie

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »
Yes, is a factory air car. All of the AC is intact. Car was last on the road in 1976, elderly couple gave up driving and it was left under a car port. Traced back last two owners due to the rare continental kit. Car is being picked up this week and delivered home. I believe engine is locked up as I found a sales listing for it from 2014 that said the engine was stuck. Hopefully it will be salvageable as it's a numbers matching car.

Online South_paw

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 10:28:50 AM »
Welcome back Al !!

Offline Jeff Rose

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:05:56 PM »
Congratulations.
Keep us all posted. I am trying to get my first Midcentury Cadillac on the road.
Jeff