Author Topic: Met a Fellow Skegger  (Read 326 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Met a Fellow Skegger
« on: August 05, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
Having a good time in Saskatoon at Super Run. Pulled in beside a curiously familiar 62 Convertible. Really enjoying the show with Doug AKA Tonecat.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 62 Coupe

Re: Met a Fellow Skegger
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »
A couple more.....
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Tonecat

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »
  Great  to get up close and personal with Carmen.  The applied level of technology that this 390 of Dan's has achieved is amazing
  Dan is as nice as he is skilled ! I like originality but  I can admire and appreciate the type of mods that Carmen has.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 12:04:52 AM »
Thanks Doug but as someone who got into "skegs" almost by accident and with something barely equaling a parts car, it was awesome to see what could pass as a 2 year old pampered 1962 Cadillac back in 1964. It's time capsule stuff. Kind of mind bending. Makes me really want to see Perk''s "pastry"!

Seriously though, Doug has had his car since 1969 and has stayed extremely tight to its roots and heritage. If anyone out there needs a photo of "what's this part" or where does this go", contact Doug. His car is scary nice. Of course, you'll have to catch him when he isn't "pickin and grinnin" at Canada''s only liquor licensed guitar shop!

After the show dinner and dance, Barb and I cruised 8th Street which was kind of like the cruising scenes in American Graffiti.  Lots of fun and testosterone on display. So far we are really enjoying Saskatoon.

Offline 6262

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
And triple blue, no less. I love that car so much.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:56:05 PM »
Back home safe and sound. Great memories for as long as I can hold them. Good times with old friends and new aquantances have me looking forward to Saskatoon Super Run 2020. Carmen ran really well and has already forgiven me for flogging her through a torrential rain storm on the drive down.

Thanks for the bulbs Doug!