Author Topic: 1954 Coupe DeVille "fake air scoops" parts wanted  (Read 3226 times)

Offline 55 cadi

Re: 1954 Coupe DeVille "fake air scoops" parts wanted
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
Hi Phil,

I have walked Ed Cholakian's (Allcads) place and was there about an hour just looking at all the great parts he had, great people, great parts.

Jason

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Thanks Johnny and Clay and sorry for the late reply. On Tuesday evening I got back from a long road trip through France and in to Spain and back and have been trying to catch up since. Anyway, I believe the 55 are different [but limo ones may be the same?] I really need to dig out my parts book and check what models and years are the same?
Phil

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
So I finally managed to locate my parts book, but as I don't have an illustration of the 54 CDV in there I can't identify the part number. I will try to get a photo of the part on my car to fully illustrate what I am after. Phil

Offline Lexi

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »
Hey Phil, does this shot help? It shows sheet metal and trim on a 1954 Sedan. I took it from the 1956 Master Parts List. If you open it you can enlarge the photo and see it better. I believe the part number for the RH side stone guard for a 1954 CDV is 462 4192 and 462 4193 for the left side. Parts section 31.0650. I believe these are 2 piece units; 1) the pot metal stone guard 2) the half inch wide trim attached to it. Wasn't clear in the list if these were broken down into 2 units or just sold together under the one part number per side. Think the half inch wide trim pieces are what you need??? Clay/Lexi
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:49:22 PM by Lexi »

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 06:01:47 PM »
Thanks Clay, my MPL didn't have that illustration. The part is shown as 31-0650. My car is a Coupe DeVille, so will be slightlly different. OK, to re-cap, I have both of these moldings, but they came in two parts - the mazac molding with a rivetted on stainless steel molding. I have quite nice mazac parts but the stainless bits have gon awol sometime before I ever owned the car. So I am after the stainless parts - these can be attached to a crappy piece of mazac, no problem as mine are good. Can anyone help??!! Thanks, Phil

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 06:20:17 PM »
Phil,

If you are not in a hurry I bought a bunch of 54/55 Coupe, CDV, and Eldo parts last year. Have not got them organized yet but have a good idea where the chrome is.

Could you take a picture of the parts you need and Post or send to me???

The Johnny

Oh I have no idea what Mazac is? Is it Italian stainless or Turkish Coffee???

Offline Lexi

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 07:28:12 PM »
Johnny I think Mazac is another term for pot metal. So I think Phil is referring to the larger of the 2 piece 'stone guard'. This is a 2 piece part and looks like he needs the stainless trim that attaches to it. As he needs both sides of his car done, he would require 2 pieces, left and right sides, each being about 29 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide. They would have a slight curve. Hope I got that right Phil. My '56 Limo retained this trim and is the same for series 75 cars for model years 1954, 1955 and 1956 as I recall. So, short of seeing an exploded diagram of the trim for the '54 CDV I am assuming it would be consistent with that found on other vehicles, (although different part numbers separate the Series 75 from other model trim), only for the purpose of identifying what Phil needs. Not sure what the difference is, but for identification purposes think Phil needs the smaller, non pot metal portion of this vertical piece of exterior trim. Hope this helps. Clay/Lexi
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:39:05 PM by Lexi »

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
Thanks Johnny and Lexi, I will. I did not realize that Mazac was a British term, but, yes, pot metal it is, that horrible stuff that is a nightmare to rechrome ! I will get a photo later today. Regards,
Phil

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »
Lexi is correct about the parts that I need. and about Mazac being pot metal - I cal it a lot of other names as well. Just a quick tale about pot metal - my wife owned a 1959 Ford [English] Zodiac station wagon. The owners club went to the expense of having various chrome pieces recast - healdamp rims, door handles, script etc etc. All lovely, but they cast them in post metal, just like the originals - why????? I think everyone would have been happy to pay for brass castings that would not pit and go crappy after a few English wonters.
Phil

Offline Lexi

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 07:36:46 PM »
Phil there is fellow known as cadcliff who is selling a ton of  '50's caddy stuff on Ebay. He is a CLC member. Has more than a trailer full of it with a large volume from a collection he just bought out. He might have the trim you are looking for. PM me if you can't locate him or want more details. Clay/Lexi