Author Topic: 62 Series 62 Convertible for sale  (Read 397 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

62 Series 62 Convertible for sale
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »
This is a 62 convertible for sale here in Calgary. It's an estate sale. The car is surprisingly good rust wise but has been messed up with a rattle can respray. I'm told this was by the last owner who had the car for many years. He got dementia and sort of lost the plot. I'm not 100 percent sure why he did what he did but if you look at some of the under hood photos and the weird one looking down in front of the rad, you can see how clean it is.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 62 Coupe

Re: 62 Series 62 Convertible for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
There is a fair amount of chrome trim missing. The front wheel arch trim, right rear skeg trim and all left side skeg trim. It may turn up in the estate yet.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:34:46 PM »
The rear bumper has a dent in it but absolutely no rust. Amazing.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
The estate is asking $20k CDN which is roughly $15,800 USD.

Offline 6262

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
Beautiful car. Thanks for the pictures, Dan. It is an original white car, I assume?

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »
Nils, yes it appears to have been white originally. In the last photo with the hood open, you can see on the far right, the inner wheel well area of the fire wall. It's white in there but either a life times coat of dirt. I didn't get a photo of the body tag which is a huge over site. I think most of the problems on this car were caused by the old fellows increasing dementia during a time when he was still driving it. Probably explains the missing trim and spray bomb paint job.

The car runs and the estate is having the carb rebuilt so that it can be driven which is a prerequisite for the indoor storage facility they plan on moving it to.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
Here's the build plate for any of you de-coding gurus out there.  :o

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
Update from the estate representative, the carb has been rebuilt and is back on. The car runs well and engages forward and reverse properly and crisply. They have been running it on an alternate fuel source as the gas tank hasn't been drained and flushed. Once the fuel tank is sorted out and an oil change done, it goes into secured storage.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »
Update, the carb is back on the car and it has been driven into its indoor storage facility.