Author Topic: Chrome Plating  (Read 307 times)

Offline 62Wayne

Chrome Plating
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
Guys, any recommendations for chrome platers? I live in Massachusetts and have a few sources but am seeing mixed reviews. Also see a couple of vendors on Ebay that state "show" chrome with a triple plating process. Anyone have any good experience or recommend a particular plater? Thanks in advance, Wayne
62 Coupe
62 Fleetwood

Millville, MA

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." Ronald Reagan

Online Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Chrome Plating
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »
Here are the only two I have talked to so far.  I do not think Michigan is the best place to have your plating done.

Fini Finish

http://www.finifinish.com/

This shop is right across the street from the GM Tech Headquarters.   They do restoration and plate many new prototype parts for local OEM and Tier 1 companies.   They are not that friendly to talk to.   HE did not want to quote a price until after he stripped the old chrome.  I understand.  But he should know his business well enough to give ranges.  I have seen his work and it is good

Proctor Custom Chrome

http://proctorscustomchromeplating.com/Home_Page.html

This was is a family business.  The old man passed the business down to his son inlaw.  The old man still works there.  This was a nice company to call and talk to.  I sent him a parts list and he gave me detailed notes on each part I asked him to review.  This company is on Michigan's west coast.  They do a lot of boat parts and automotive.  I have not seen their work but I like him.  I am going to bring him a handful of the easily replaceable pot metal parts as a test.  If he does good I will trust him with my hard to replace Fleetwood specific parts.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Online Clewisiii

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
New Website for Proctors.

https://www.kropromi.com/
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Online Clewisiii

Charles Kettering

Offline Ramses

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »
I can chome plate at my home, but i can only chrome small part (mirror, door handle, etc).. i dont have the equipement to do large part like bumper..

Where i live its too cold during winter and the room where i do chrome is not heated, so i just plate between the begining of june to end of august..

You can not count the time spent on a car, because it's a therapy!

To see my actual project: www.cadillac1962.com

Online Clewisiii

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »
Has anyone actually used Paul's Chrome.  I sent them photos and a parts list. Their initial quote came back at $50,000.  He told me expect $5000 for each light. 
Charles Kettering

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »
I have used pauls many years ago ,,however since new owner took over they have become very costly .I recently posted a topic Iuse chrome it in Georgia .. reasonable and friendly to deal with.

Offline 62Wayne

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »
Thanks guys and will look into your recommendations. Great group and always extremely helpful.

I also found another place in Tennessee called TriCity Plating: http://www.tricityplating.com/bumper-cores-price-list/ anyone dealt with them?

61-62 Cadillac Frt. Ctr. Lower   With Exchange:    $350.00   Without Exchange:    $440.00
61-62 Cadillac Frt. Ctr. Upper   With Exchange:    $220.00   Without Exchange:    $270.00
61-62 Cadillac Frt. End Lower   With Exchange:    $285.00   Without Exchange:    $385.00
61-62 Cadillac Frt. End Upper   With Exchange:    $235.00   Without Exchange:    $285.00
61-62 Cadillac Rear Center    With Exchange:    $495.00   Without Exchange:    $600.00
61-62 Cadillac Rear Ends           With Exchange:    $240.00   Without Exchange:    $310.00
61-62 Cadillac Rear Gds. ea.   With Exchange:    $90.00   Without Exchange:    $130.00
61-62 Cadillac Rear Lower Ext.   With Exchange:    $145.00   Without Exchange:    $185.00
                                                                   $2,060.00                           $2,605.00

Wayne
62 Coupe
62 Fleetwood

Millville, MA

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." Ronald Reagan

Online Clewisiii

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 10:17:32 AM »
I think I talked to them. But arnt they a no Pot Metal company. I hoped to send everything to 1 company. But not at one time. Just in case.
Charles Kettering