Author Topic: 61 Chrome Parts  (Read 186 times)

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
61 Chrome Parts
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »
I do not know how many of you are searching for new chrome,  but has anyone else noticed that the volume of 61 pot metal chrome parts on ebay has dropped a lot. 

It has been very recent that headlight buckets, rings, taillight bezels, and interior parts have just disappeared.

Anyone else notice this?
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline rare eldorado

Re: 61 Chrome Parts
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
Hello Clewisiii  Yes I have noticed the same results .In speaking with other car guys at shows and cruise nights ,,there thoughts are really the same all around .Our age group has died retired or cannot work on these cars any more .The wives and children for the most part do not want them .They try too sell them . Hence why there are so many cars up for sale .Some at really crazy prices The new generation of children do not care nothing about old cars, ,they want to take the money and run and buy some nasty import .Since very few are building caddys or others for that matter parts are not being sold .I spoke to one person who took all he had to the scrap yard for quick money ,,, did not want the hassle of trying to sell .Many parts being sold are between other car guys privately .Some parts on ebay have really gotten pricy .Most sellers just want the money do not care anything about the hobby. Therefore people wont pay more than they think it is worth And some times the part needs to be refinished .Also there are some cases that some caddy owners are hording parts cars for themselves incase they need a part for there own ride. Restoring a car can be pricy especially caddys and the majority of owners cannot afford it any more so they give up on even selling parts hence parts are becoming rare.A month or two back members had a post about this subject not sure about the date..Any other members finding the same thing?

Offline UR2NVS

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
For future reference if you all feel this way please ship all your parts, and cars to me. They will be appreciated, and cared for:) lol

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:49:32 AM »
I had been able to buy NOS headlight rings, fender spears.   Pit free taillights, wiper bezels.

In the past I had seen headlight buckets, door armrests. etc.

But now they just seem to be gone
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline 62 driver

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:31:09 AM »
Funny. I was just thinking the same as well. 5 years ago I able to buy all kinds of pot metal parts. Now I don't see them as well.