Author Topic: Cadillac Ranch  (Read 169 times)

Online Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Cadillac Ranch
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:24:07 PM »
I have a question. Years ago i saw a documentary about the guy behind Cadillac ranch.  In it the showed a video he must have made in the 70s.

The video showed him buying a Cadillac from a guy who was selling it in his front yard. They talked about the car. Negotiated made the deal and done.

After the deal, with the camera rolling, two guys came out with hammers and beat the crap out of the car. In front of the guy who just sold it.

Has anyone else seen this video. Am I imagining it.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Ramses

Re: Cadillac Ranch
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »
haha! 

I have not seen that, but if you found this documentary, i want to see it!
You can not count the time spent on a car, because it's a therapy!

To see my actual project: www.cadillac1962.com

Offline 6262

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 06:07:26 AM »
Carl, independently from you someone described the same scene in the CLC forum some weeks ago. So it must exist. Over their they said the affected car was a mint one owner '49, which was sold reluctantly for sentimental reasons by the owner's family.

A telling episode about the character of the Hippie "artists" responsible for this so-called piece of art.

Online Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:45:02 AM »
Yes I remember it being a late 40s  It must have been black or a dark grey.  As they were smashing it the camera switched over to the old owner and started asking what he thought.

It is as if this "art" piece was a documenting of this mans reaction more then just smashing up a car.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering