Author Topic: Welcome ellislives to Mid Century Cadillacs  (Read 282 times)

Offline South_paw

Welcome ellislives to Mid Century Cadillacs
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
Welcome to our forum ellislives. Tell us a little bit about your Cadillac, share a pic or story  8)
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline ellislives

Re: Welcome ellislives to Mid Century Cadillacs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »
Thanks guys - I was on the previous iteration of the thread but any work that I was doing was brought to a screaching halt when my wife and I had a couple of boys, now 3 yo and 7 mos. 

Bought my '62 62-series coupe in 2012.  I always loved the body style since working on one of my buddies in the early 90s during high school auto shop in high school.  It's a New Mexico car which means there's very little rust but anything rubber (e.g. gaskets, weather stripping, some wiring) is in pretty bad shape.  Lots of leaks.  It has been repainted into a silver color but I doubt they matched chips.  Original color was Olympic White. 

I am currently in North Texas but will be moving to Maryland in the next couple of months.  That's what made me look you guys up again.  My time will start freeing up again and I'm looking for some advice on auto trailers that will support such a long wheelbase.  I also have an '82 CJ7 and '78 K5 Blazer.  This thread was invaluable for parts and advice when I first bought the car and I am looking forward to getting back into it. 
e l    l        i                  s

Offline Chris_Oz

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
Re: Welcome ellislives to Mid Century Cadillacs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:45:22 PM »
Welcome,

Nice range of vehicles.

I have a soft spot for Olympic White 62's.

I also like your blazer, very tidy.

Chris
Austalia
Current Cadillac's
1962 Park Avenue Sedan deVille
1962 6 Window Sedan deVille
1962 Coupe deVille