Author Topic: The house may have burned down, but...  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Dan LeBlanc

The house may have burned down, but...
« on: November 15, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »
...like any family that their house burns down, we need to rebuild stronger than ever before.  The good thing about this house we are living in now is that it's a free, open source forum.  It's the same platform the CLC forum runs on so it should be around for a very long time.

That said, we need to remember the bonds we have forged here over time.  The cars are what initially brought us together, but outside of that, we have formed lifelong bonds. 

For example, Crystal and I were newly dating when we met many of you for the first time.  My first marriage was over and my old life was met behind.  Starting over again, and looking for new friends, Crystal and I showed up for Skegfest 2012 where we met Motherbrain and his crew, Art, Jan, Keith, Mike, and the guys from Ohio for the first time.  Many friendships were formed there and some of them became very close friendships.  Lets fast forward to this September.  Crystal and I were married on September 12th.  Art and Jan made the trip from Linglestown in their motorhome and Mike came up from New Jersey.  That week, we feasted like royalty, went whale watching, visited Canada's oldest city not far from us, but most importantly, they joined us as a very active part of our wedding.

Art and Jan were our best man and maid of honour:

Mikey was chauffeuring the bride and did a reading:

Of course, Mikey being the famous guy he was even asked to autograph a young lady's chest

These are the ties that bind this family together that are never to be broken

That were all made possible by the cars we all love:

So while the house may not be the same, the people all living in it still are.  We are united by a common spirit that even though the house has been replaced, that spirit will bring it back better than before.

Oh, and yes, Art, the magnolia tree is recovering well after abruptly meeting the back end of your motorhome.  Little secret folks - you can let Art drive your car - just don't let him back up!
1970 deVille Convertible
1977 Continental Town Car

Offline 62 driver

Re: The house may have burned down, but...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing Dan. It a new day!

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 10:11:44 AM »
congrats guys

wow, pretty impressive to see the ol F"Art  dressed up not in track pants !!!

even ol superman cleaned up pretty well
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline Chris_Oz

• Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »
This is what I have missed.

Real people sharing their lives and stories with friends.

Congratulations guys, looks like a great time was had by all.

Chris

Current Cadillac's
1962 Park Avenue Sedan deVille
1962 6 Window Sedan deVille
1962 Coupe deVille

Offline Sixfins

• Harrisburg , Pennsylvania.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
Chris, welcome back my friend. My wife added a few lbs afrer quitting smoking nearly two trs ago. Very proud of her. Sges been cooking and baking for a year now and datrened me up like Sanna claus. Its only her and i this yr for thanksgiving as our kids are on the other side. Jesus she got a 26lb bird for the two of us !!!!!! Dam, whats a man to do.

Offline themotherbrain

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
Looks like a great time had by all. Congrats on your nuptuals.
-I am the liquor.

Offline Peter.1961

• Long Beach, CA 🌴
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
Dan, thank you for sharing the photos and the story, and for inviting me back here. The pictures tell a story of a lovely wedding (the shot in the rear view mirror is priceless!), Congratulations to you and Crystal.

There are many forums and boards and groups on the internet, but none as genuine as this. I have only had the pleasure to meet three members in person - and every time it was like meeting an old friend.

Thank you all for resurrecting the community!
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough” -- Mario Andretti

Offline 62-squared

• Cruising with "Flo" in Cincinnati, O...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
Wow beautiful pictures, beautiful event, and impressive how well everyone cleaned up!  :)

"I have only had the pleasure to meet three members in person - and every time it was like meeting an old friend." - EXACTLY

"The cars are what initially brought us together, but outside of that, we have formed lifelong bonds." - AND, EXACTLY.

Congrats again Dan & Crystal
-- Keith

"It's the car I always wanted, and now I have it.  I RULE!"   -- Kevin Spacey, American Beauty