Author Topic: Hi, new to '61-'62 Cadillacs and new to the site  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Cad-Grabber

Hi, new to '61-'62 Cadillacs and new to the site
« on: November 15, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »
Hi my name is Scott and I have realized a childhood dream and came into ownership of a project 1962 Cadillac Series 62 convertible. The car runs and drives but has rusty floors, fender, hood, you get the idea. Maize paint over maize bucket seat interior and white top. Does have air conditioning. Been lurking on the CLC site for the most part except for a few posts. They don't all appear to be "project friendly" over there. Hahaha! Kidding!  Google searches for info on the '62 lead me to the defunct old website, and I was wondering when it would rise from the ashes or be reborn. In any event..hope to meet some new friends here!

Scott

Offline Dan LeBlanc

Re: Hi, new to '61-'62 Cadillacs and new to the site
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »
Hey Scott

I believe I saw your car in some Cadillac forums on Facebook? ?
1977 Fleetwood Brougham - 3x black with Astro Roof
1977 Continental Town Car

Offline Sixfins

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Harrisburg , Pennsylvania.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Welcome aboard CDGER. MAKEyoyrself at home and again, welcome aboard. Sixfins

Offline Cad-Grabber

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
Hey Scott

I posted it in King Daddy Caddy on Facebook. Maybe a few others. So it is possible you've seen it there. I'm also on the CLC forums, and I believe you posted a few responses on my "is this '62 convertible worth restoring" thread. Nice to see you here, Dan!

Offline Cad-Grabber

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »
Welcome aboard CDGER. MAKEyoyrself at home and again, welcome aboard. Sixfins

Thanks! Hope to learn alot here about '62 Cadillacs and make some new friends interested in the same cars!

Offline Dan LeBlanc

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Aaaah. Yes. I remember now. I still say go for it. But then again, I'm the nutcase restoring a 53 Fleetwood.
1977 Fleetwood Brougham - 3x black with Astro Roof
1977 Continental Town Car

Offline Cad-Grabber

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »
Aaaah. Yes. I remember now. I still say go for it. But then again, I'm the nutcase restoring a 53 Fleetwood.

Oh, I'm going for it. I'm collecting parts this winter. Already have the floorpans. Might get it safe and and secure, in primer, and just have some sun filled fun days with it!

Offline 62droptop

• 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
welcome to the new home of the skeg

we love project cars and pictures too,so post lots,and of pics of any other toys are welcome too,not just your skeg

be careful with the front fenders ,they are pretty much made from unobtanium as is the hood
the fenders are one yr direct fit and 61 fenders can be made to fit with some inner structure work
hoods are same except bar hood v holes

looking forward to seeing this project come to light

didn't catch where you were from
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline Cad-Grabber

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 09:01:56 PM »
welcome to the new home of the skeg

we love project cars and pictures too,so post lots,and of pics of any other toys are welcome too,not just your skeg

be careful with the front fenders ,they are pretty much made from unobtanium as is the hood
the fenders are one yr direct fit and 61 fenders can be made to fit with some inner structure work
hoods are same except bar hood v holes

looking forward to seeing this project come to light

didn't catch where you were from

Might be looking for a whole parts car, not sure yet. I've also located a complete '62 front clip, so we shall see which direction I take. The left fender is the worst. Definitely need a hood. The car is remarkably complete, runs and drives, steers and stops. Came with skirts, original radio and carb in the trunk. I traded an '88 Monte Carlo SS project for it. The Monte owed me nothing, and a droptop Cadillac with fins has always been a dream of mine.  I'm in New Jersey, are you close by?

Offline Sixfins

• Harrisburg , Pennsylvania.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »
Hey Scott

I posted it in King Daddy Caddy on Facebook. Maybe a few others. So it is possible you've seen it there. I'm also on the CLC forums, and I believe you posted a few responses on my "is this '62 convertible worth restoring" thread. Nice to see you here, Dan!
   There is no other place on the planet with as much knowledge as the guys here. Period. Quite a few can take these cars apart and put them back together blindfolded. We are NOT a clc affiliated site and DONT want to be. Welcome