Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 53846 times)

Online Clewisiii

Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
Ok I am getting sick of waiting to do something big so I am just getting back at it.  My first  step is to fix my hood and passenger fender after the damage from the raccoons.  I started stripping back to metal then noticed I have another area to work on.  My hood was open when the raccoons made their mess.  It ran down the hood and landed on the cowl were it sat and rusted.  THis area is actually a little more concerning to me.  I will work through it and get pictures soon.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline 1962sedandeville

« Reply #471 on: September 28, 2019, 06:51:42 PM »
The urine is acidic. It will cause more damage than moisture alone. It needs to be neutralized as well as cleaned. You might try baking soda and water like you would for battery acid.

Online Clewisiii

« Reply #472 on: September 28, 2019, 08:31:50 PM »
I will be sandblasting those parts again.  There is a spot in the hood that is oil canning anyway.  I have chased it for months trying to get it right.  I am at the limit of my abilities.  So I think I will take the whole hood in to have someone work on it.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Online Clewisiii

« Reply #473 on: October 12, 2019, 11:10:12 AM »
Well it is the end of an era. My Barns gas line is now installed. I really liked burning coal. It would get hot. Lasted slot longer then a wood fire. 

But the coal has been getting harder to get. The gas furnace will get me up to temp quicker. And I will be able to set a thermostat to keep it above freezing during the winter.
Charles Kettering

Offline russ austin

« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
Gotta stay comfortable.
63 series 62 4 window sedan, 63 Superior Hearse
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA