Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 40167 times)

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2018, 07:01:01 PM »
There is very little leather on these seats.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline 6Caddy2

« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
Appears to be that way, this will save you a lot of $$ Carl on the new interior, unless you are going the leather way, I remember you had posted some samples of the colors/ materials you are in entertaining, but can't recall if you are staying close to the original style of leather/ fabric or not?! Looks like the new " shop/garage " is serving you well! I remember those hog rings well, boy was that a chore, but it sure was great when it was all done and back together! I remember my friend who does interior work at his own shop,( he helped me do mine ) said that the burlap strip in the front seat that you mentioned was there so as not to pinch your legs and the material, I don't get it either but that was his explanation to me. I truly believe that the Cadillac "ride" is solely do to the construction of the seats, as compared to today's molded foam seats! Joe

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #372 on: December 06, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
Honestly I think I am going to do both.  I need to collect a second set of the Fleetwood interior painted parts so that I can have one original and one cream and dark blue.  I need to practice so no big deal.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
The front seat bottom cushion contains literally over 100 springs in seven sewn rows.

Tedious

I am sandblasting and painting each one. Then sewing them back together.
I figure I can sandblast and paint one row a night. Then sew it the next day. This spring assembly alone will take me to Christmas.

The seat backs have fewer larger springs. So those assemblies should go quicker.
Charles Kettering