Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 44856 times)

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
My new industrial sewing machine will be here soon. Or in a week. Or two. Or I donít know. But it is on its way.

But I am excited enough to start making my test pattern. I realize the most annoying part is the parts that have backing foam. I need form and glue up the foam pieces.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »
The pleated foam channels are 1/2 inch by 2.5 inch.   I wonder in my foam supplier can cut these for me. I can buy in sheets. But precut would be very convenient.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2019, 07:01:49 PM »

It will be here Tuesday.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2019, 10:42:44 PM »
I decided I would make my test cover out of the materials and colors I would have used to go custom.

The cream leather is nice. But the blue I have on hand is to dark. 
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #444 on: April 12, 2019, 10:45:14 PM »
The chrome bugs me. Some parts are nice. Others have to be redone. But there is such a big difference between nice and new that I do not want to have new chrome next to old.

So I guess I will just need to redo it all.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2019, 05:15:08 PM »
Waiting on materials I am getting the rest of the seat parts ready. The sheet metal seat frames are being powder coated. Should have them back on Wednesday. 

The seat back springs I needed to buy new. They are on back order and coming from California. Might take some time.

It took me a minute to figure out how to take this track apart. But I disassembled, cleaned, painted, lubricated where appropriate, and reassembled. I will need to move both tracks to their stops before reinstalling the cables. To ensure it is moving evenly.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
My new industrial sewing machine has arrived. I need to tune it. Adjust the timing and stitch length mechanism. For some reason it is stuck around 2 stitches per inch.
Charles Kettering