Author Topic: Carl's 61 Fleetwood  (Read 61088 times)

Offline 6Caddy2

Re: Carl's 61 Fleetwood
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2019, 10:52:17 AM »
Oh Yeah, know your talking on the lights, big difference in the lumens, wait till you do body work, those lights will show everything good and bad. LED's I presume?

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »
Yes. It took mye a while to find a brand that allowed me to wire directly into the fixture.

I did not think about it and wired my ceiling planning on making the connections inside the fixtures. But most of the lights I found were "linkable" so the electrical connections came out the ends.

Even in the end I had to cut out a part of each fixture to accommodate the wiring.

But it is so bright the dust is easy to see.   I want to prevent dust in the building to the best of my ability. So no body work until I am properly set up. I wired for an exhaust fan on one end of my barn. I will build an open front paint booth in front of it.

I will make a temporary plastic paint booth in front of it when I tackle the bodywork again.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »
Buying this is $2,400.  I think I can build my own for $1,000
It will be 8 panels that I will need 2 inch edges bent 90degrees.  I do not need really thick metal. So I think for $100 a panel I can get a local metal shop to fabricate them for me.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline 6Caddy2

« Reply #483 on: December 25, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
Carl that's how I did mine! Take that drawing to an HVAC shop, ( I have a friend here in that business and  he made mine for me, about 5yrs ago for $350.00, so with inflation ???)  It works greats, at the time I skimped on the motor, and ended up replacing it with one from HF and its still kicking butt!!

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »
Ok I did something that I probably should not have. I made a price list and budget for finishing my barn remodel.

It comes in right at $15,000. I did not include anything that I have already spent.

$5000 concrete floor
$1500 floor epoxy
$1200 lower walls
$300 windows
$1500 new door
$1200 spray cabinet
$1000 hoist
$3000 cabinets
$400 air lines

The cabinets spray cabinet and hoist are my lowest priority. The floor walls doors and windows are structural so need to be done first.

Prioritizing that puts me at $11000 this year and $4000 the next.

Now that my barn is mostly sealed and climate controlled I can go back my cars sheet metal and repair all of the surface rust that has come back over the last 4 years without protection.

I hate this 2 years that I have had to put my car on hold. But I see that it was necessary when you consider what was happening to my car and parts in that condition.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »
As we come to the end I see I have spent a total of 36 days online. Since I think 2015
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
After not spending any real money on my Car in over a year. I bought a set of Front and Rear bumpers today.
Charles Kettering

Offline Cattle Axe

« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2020, 06:55:46 PM »
Where did you find them?
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2020, 06:57:42 PM »
Ebay, a guy in Washington.  I have had several sets of bumpers in my ebay wish list for years. When I saw these had the aluminum inserts with them I decided it was time to buy.
Charles Kettering

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2020, 06:15:34 PM »
Well I have an appointment at the engine shop in two weeks. I am inventorying my engine parts and cleaning them up. I am not sure what bolts will be reused or what will be bought new. I am missing a head bolt. I cannot believe one is gone.  I am blasting and hopefully rezinc coating slot of the exterior bolts.
Charles Kettering