Author Topic: ls 6.0 lq4 motor in caddy....  (Read 7466 times)

Offline dbranco

ls 6.0 lq4 motor in caddy....
« on: November 24, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »
First of all Hi to everyone, been a while since I have been on....

Who has done the converstion?
I know everyone is gonna hate me for doing it but I need the reliability and the performance of a Fuel injection.
I just bought a 2002 6.0 out of a gmc truck, and need to figuire out what is first.

I am going to send out the ecm and harness to get modified to work as a stand alone unit.
Then motor and tranny mounts.

Dan

Offline UR2NVS

Re: ls 6.0 lq4 motor in caddy....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »
Hi, dbranco. Im currently in the process of doing a conversion as well. What questions do you have? As far as motor mounts, I found a gentleman with a completed conversion that used BMW m3 mounts. They bolt directly to your frame, and only need to add a tab to the flat plate mount on the engine. The crossmember will need to be notched to clear the oil pan, and the pwr steering pump. I have opted to use a alt/pwr steering pump bracket that raises them in order to avoid notching so much.

Offline UR2NVS

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
Here are several of the swap. And some of other cadillacs ive found, and mounts, etc that they have made.

Offline dbranco

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »
I see you have headers also?  Whos did you use and did you have to modify at all??

Offline UR2NVS

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »
None of the above pics are mine unfortunately. Almost everyone has an issue with the driver manifold hitting the pwr steering box, and headers are easier to manipulate then cast iron ;)

Offline dbranco

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »
Motor finally out and SOLD and tranny too.

Hopefully next weekend we will try and dry fit motor in and see what the hech needs to be cut and moved out of the way.  Plan on cutting front crossmember, just dont know how much.
Also thinking might need new steering pump. 

Just to start off with.  Big job but worth at the end.

Dan

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »
one member has installed a rack and pinion steering to clear up and steer box issues
cant remember his user nave but he had a nice white 62 droptop with bigger alloy wheels ,looked pretty sweet
he also had a nice 59 impala amongst other cars

1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline dbranco

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
Hopefully he chimes in to the thread.  That would help lots...

Thanks

Offline Hearse62

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »
Would love to see a full build thread on this swap. I've considered one of these swaps myself as my engine is questionable at best.

Offline Hotrodln

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »

Plan on cutting front crossmember, just dont know how much.
Also thinking might need new steering pump.
Dan
Before you cut the cross member i would do a search for a different oil pan. LS engines have been installed in everything already....tons of companies making custom oil pans for them. there's got to be at least one that works....take a look
HOTRODLN AKA Pat Prendergast