Author Topic: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?  (Read 12330 times)

Offline Lexi

Re: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
As a kid I used to love that movie, but saw it again about 20 years ago and was disappointed with it. Forgot about the Cadillacs, so looks like I shall have to watch it again.  I now seem to recall those Cadillacs rolling up to the house (perhaps a '59 Limo there?)... Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2019, 01:37:52 AM »
Phil I just checked it out and it was a 1956 Cadillac Series 75 in the opening scene of that movie. Narrator Vincent Price explains that those who agreed to spend the night in the haunted house all arrived at the site in funeral cars. A Packard hearse led the way. Other Cadillacs were in the procession, such as perhaps a '55 and a '52. Thanks for reminding me of this one! Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
We've got a relatively new TV channel over here called Talking Pictures TV and it shows lots of old films and it came up on there last week. Phil

Offline Sevillian

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2019, 02:57:46 AM »
"The Green Book" pretty much co-stars a couple of '62 SDV's.  And its also a pretty great movie!
David Greenburg
1960 Eldorado Seville
1961 Fleetwood 60 Special
CLC #3830

Offline Lexi

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
The period piece HOLLYWOODLAND (2006) is loaded with old cars, including vintage Cadillacs. It is about the death of actor George Reeves, who played Superman in the 1950s. It stars Adrien Brody, Diane Lane, Ben Affleck and Bob Hoskins. Fans of old cars will like the street shots which are full of vintage traffic. My favorite is the cemetery scene which was shot at the Toronto Necropolis, the city's oldest graveyard. In a scene reminiscent of the Godfather, old cars fill the cemetery. In the background where the main funeral procession vehicles are parked is my car Lexi, plus what looks to be an early to mid-fifties Cadillac hearse just behind her. Tough to see, but I would recognize that morbid old blister anywhere. Better shots show my buddy's 1957 Cadillac Imperial Limo, also in the graveyard. This was done before I owned my car, but so fitting that my vehicle as well as that of my friend did this movie together. How many old car buddies can say their cars did a movie together? If I recall correctly there is also a street scene with a 1959 Cadillac making a pass or two as observed through a shop window. Gotta watch that one again to confirm that last observation though. Anyhow, lots of old car "eye candy" in this one, (and shot in colour). Attached pic found on the net with Lexi and the hearse. Think my buddies Limo is in front, but there is a better shot of his later in this scene. Film has a nice retro feel and all the old cars helped bring the picture alive and put you back into the 1950s. Clay/Lexi
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:57:42 AM by Lexi »

Online South_paw

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
Not Mid Century but worth sharing. This one is about a 70's Cadillac in the movie License to Drive. Kid gets his license , steals Grandpa's Cadillac. Parks it on the street with the keys in it. Madness ensues.  You will laugh and cringe at the same time.  ;D

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Lexi

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2019, 11:56:10 PM »
Watching the new ROSWELL series & in most if not every episode there is a red 2 door 1951 Cadillac. Also, there are lots of great traffic scenes that feature vintage cars with the Cadillac being the highlight, of course. Well done period piece if you don't mind the constant distortion of historical facts. Series is indeed inspired by certain true events, but veers off into science fiction as it routinely abandons the facts. Anyhow the car scenes are quite good as are the sets and period dress. Lots of 1950's eye candy here. Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #97 on: Yesterday at 10:18:20 AM »
I was watching The Hideous Sun Demon, (1959), the other night, and there are some scenes of the doctor's car which looks like a 2 door 1950 or 1951 Cadillac. The car was 2 tone but the movie was shot in B&W, so not sure of the color. Another
scene had a similar car parked on a garage lot at night, though tough to identify the year and model. Grade B '50s sci-fi fare with some interesting traffic shots, though many low light condition scenes (night). Clay/Lexi