Author Topic: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?  (Read 7133 times)

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Re: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »
Yep Chazz wrote it as well. Deniro went and lived with Chazz's dad for three weeks to get the character right .

Offline Lexi

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »
Chazz is a great character actor. Can't get enough of that guy. Something about both him and DeNiro in that they both look like mobsters when you see them! You obviously had a well rounded upbringing Phil, liking both mob movies and old Caddies! Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:19 AM »
Clay, my wife's maiden name is Sabini and the her grandfather and his brother ran the Sabini gang [British basedd Italian mobsters] in the 1920s and 1930s based in Clerkenwell in London and Brighton on the south coast of England. I always do what I am told! As for my taste in old cars, old music [1950s rock n roll], furniture and architecture I really need to thank my dad - he has been mad about films since he was a kid and before the days of VCRs he made sure I saw all the classic films from the 1930s - 1960s. So my tastes in all the above were shaped by the Hollywood and British film studios! Phil 

Offline Lexi

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »
My wife is of Sicilian decent and her family fled to North America to get away from those influences. They then fled Chicago in the late 1920's for the same reason. Got to thank both my parents for my appreciation of film, music, books, art and architecture (I collect architectural antiques), and to some degree old autos. Though my dad is not really a car guy, he does appreciate them. It does seem that the car thing is something I developed largely on my own and is somewhat an extension of my interest in antiques and history. Clay/Lexi

Offline Driftwood62

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
Anybody recognize this movie ?

Offline Lexi

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »
Just re-watched the 1986 Horror comedy VAMP and noted that there are some good shots of a 1955 Cadillac Hearse. Don't know how I forgot about that one. Character actor Billy Drago was behind the wheel! There are also a lot of scenes featuring a 1970s Caddy that they smash up. Clay/Lexi