Author Topic: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?  (Read 16196 times)

Offline 1962sedandeville

Re: What are the best midcentury cadillac movies?
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
Has anyone seen once upon a time in Hollywood ? They drive a 63 or 64 caddy in the movie. The only thing that bugged me is that the steering wheel had big cracks in it along the circumference and with the movie taken place in 1969 I donít believe the steering wheel should have been cracked that bad.

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2019, 02:03:43 AM »
Haven't seen the movie yet. I've heard it's good. My friend Brian Cohen who owns the store Vintage on Hollywood supplied original clothing for the film.

Offline Lexi

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »
That is one I have not seen either. Must put it on my list. Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:31 PM »
Just re-watched the '80s guilty pleasure WEIRD SCIENCE, (1985), and there are a few good scenes with a pink 1959 Series 62 Cadillac which both one of boys and Kelly LeBrock drive. Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2019, 12:40:43 AM »
Clay, was that series based on the EC comics of the 1950s? Phil

Offline Lexi

« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »
I believe you are correct Phil, but I am a little vague on the details. I think the studio paid a fee for the rights to use the name, but I have no idea how close the film may have been to the comic. I am a movie buff, but more of a horror guy rather than a sci-fi or comic book fan. So you are "picking at the cracks of my knowledge" buddy. I forgot to mention that the '59 Caddy in the film was a convertible. For those not aware of this film, it is a rather silly farce that is largely enjoyable by the performance of Kelly LeBrock, in my opinion. She carried the film and showed a certain flair for comedy in this one. It is a stupid premise, but for some reason I give it a spin every few years. Clay/Lexi