Author Topic: New Drive By Video  (Read 664 times)

Online 62 Coupe

New Drive By Video
« on: November 11, 2016, 05:53:55 PM »
I uploaded a new drive by video taken yesterday. Meg and I went out into the foothills south west of town on HWY 540. The first part of the video is actually just into HWY 40 and will be closed soon for the annual ELK migration and won't open again until next June. The second part is near the Eden Valley reserve. We have had really good late fall weather and I expect I will be getting a few more good days in the Caddy yet.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Peter.1961

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Long Beach, CA 🌴
Re: New Drive By Video
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »
Dan, the car sounds (and looks!) great. It mustfeel good to see all the hard work pay off like this :-)

(By the way, the country side and vegetation really reminds me of going to Denmark as a kid with my parents)
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough” -- Mario Andretti

Online 62 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 01:06:40 PM »
Thanks Peter. It is pretty nice around here. I am attaching a couple of photos looking West, then East from that little bridge in the background of where I start and stop in the second half of the video. There are vast numbers of small streams like this where you can catch trout. There are also lots of bear and cougar about so you don't go down into creeks like that alone!

A few miles West of where the first segment was filmed is the highest paved pass in Canada. This is a pretty spectacular piece of road.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Online 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »
Because of the transmission and rear end change, my speedometer is not accurate. I did the calculations using a TREMEC speed calculator and in the first pass I am doing 3,200 RPM in 4th which calculates out to 72 MPH. In the second pass the engine was turning 2,600 in 5th which comes out at 71.3 MPH with the speedo indicating 78.

I also noticed when I pull up by Meg at the end of the video, my right hand cornering lamp is working. I will have to see if they work only with the light switch in the parking light position as opposed to head lights on. Weird, I didn't think they were working lately.

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
sweet eargasms

sounds awesome!

awesome playground you have there
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Online Perk2

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
Awesome videos!
Carmen sounds great...that sure is some beautiful scenery you have out there!
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline screamer

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 06:18:35 PM »
Your car is sounding great Dan!
The scenery reminds me a lot of the Central Otago in the the South Island of NZ.

Online 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
Thanks guys. It is pretty nice out this way. We are a little overdue for some snow however. I took a walk around the neighbourhood today and must admit the jack rabbits are looking a tad vulnerable. Their coats have fully gone over to white and with the grass a dry green/brown, they stand out like a Cadillac at a Fiat show!