Author Topic: New battery cable clips, kinda  (Read 222 times)

Offline russ austin

New battery cable clips, kinda
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
I have new battery cable clips for sale. I had these made up, but they are not exact repicas.  They look like the originals but do not have the shaped base like the original.

The manufacturer also messed up on the retainer.  It takes a rivet to hold the clip in place.  These are more flexible than the repops, and less expensive.

I will be pursuing getting a new manufacturer lined up, but getting to this stage took 11 months.

6.00 each.   email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com        Limited, I only have 15 clips.
63 series 62 4 window sedan, 63 Superior Hearse
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline russ austin

Re: New battery cable clips, kinda
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
Here is the prototype from the new manufacturing facility.  The size and shape are correct, and I used the original center pin.  I need to crunch the numbers with the been counters on Friday.
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline Perk2

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
I'm still in for 1 or 2
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Online kkarrer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:16:35 PM »
I'd still like to have one for my 61. Just let me know what you need for your efforts and postage.
Thanks so much.
Ken Karrer
CenTex Reg. Dir.
3607 Quiette Drive
Austin,Tx. 78754

Offline Tonecat

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:05:43 PM »
 I like the shape and the fact that it has the raised landing but the color is too stark white
 needs to be an ivory off white .

Online kkarrer

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:21:16 PM »
They are a bit too white, but I think if you roughed them up a bit with some 4-600 grit paper and then shot them with a semi-gloss off white or antique white, they'd look fine and they'd be easy to touch up if necessary.  You could also get a brass #12 or 1/4" machine screw and affix the retainer with it.  Then you could grind down the head to look like a brass rivet if a brass rivet can't be found.  When I get mine, I'll give that a shot and take some pictures and see what you all think.
Ken Karrer
CenTex Reg. Dir.

Offline russ austin

« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:50:45 AM »
Gents, that was just a test run of the piece. Of course it is going to be white. No colors = cheaper to produce.  The finished product is going to be darker and not come with the center pin. You will have to use your old center pin from the old clip, or fashion one from plastic from an old car model or something.  getting the pin is next on the list, but finding the correct size is challenging.

This is an exact replica of the old clip, so I hope the true enthusiasts will be pleased.
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA