Author Topic: 1961 carpet for Eldorado sandalwood interior  (Read 249 times)

Online kkarrer

1961 carpet for Eldorado sandalwood interior
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
Hello out there!  Does anyone have a good source for the carpet for my 61 Eldo. ?  Interior is sandalwood, but colors to compliment the exterior might work as well...Topaz, Persian Sand, or Fontana Rose perhaps.  I'd like to get my boot redone as well as the present one has exposed snap heads.  I know that the 61-62 boots have a sort of quilted pattern and are not like the earlier boots.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.
kenneth.karrer@gmail.com
512-626-7268

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: 1961 carpet for Eldorado sandalwood interior
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
Almost all carpets are produced by the same company and sold through a list of distributors.
So the search is to find the distributor with the best price or service.

This is the company I have been working with.

https://www.stockinteriors.com/Default.asp
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Perk2

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:20:27 PM »
Hi Ken,
You had mentioned trying to stay stock, so I would do the Sandalwood carpet that goes with your code, unless you are not redoing the complete interior and your seats and doors are not Sandalwood already.
I believe original is a loop carpet, SMS also has them (I've heard poz and neg about SMS), but I think Carl has a handle on it too.

I had sent my hidden-snap boot to one of our club members to have it duplicated during the restoration of his 61 Eldo out in the San Francisco area 2 years ago...not sure if that interior shop kept the patterns, I advised them to just in case anyone came looking for one.

Contact Craig at Cooks Upholstery, 850 Second Avenue, Redwood City CA 94063....(650)364-0923
Make reference to Rick Piazza's '61 Eldo that he did along with the interior...he might be able to help.

Perk
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline Clewisiii

• Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
SMS has good materials.  The carpet sample they gave me to match stock was perfect.
The only problem with them is don't ask them to make anything. 
Long frustrating lead time.  They do good work but you will still hate them in the end.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Online kkarrer

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »
Guys,
    Thanks for the info, especially the tip regarding the boot.  I've restored many mid 50's Cadillacs (mostly Eldorados) so I'm very familiar with SMS and their interesting approach to customer service.  I'm still waiting for samples from them and just figured I'd give you guys a try for another resource.  Sandal wood is a tough color because so many of the suppliers use that name for colors that vary so greatly. Looking at ACC Mats right now as they have a rose beige #23 that looks decent.  Got my new old style battery installed with the correct cables and routing today.  Hoping for that little positive cable clamp soon and looking for the yellow tag for the generator as well.  Still have feelers out for the fog light lenses and screw covers for the door handles, but I do have the  "bullets" for the fog lenses now.
Thanks to all!
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.

Offline StevenTuck

• 1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz | Tampa, Florida
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:28:24 AM »
Ken,

This page from the 1962 Option Specification manual should help. This entire manual is available on this website section on 1961-1962 Factory Documents.
Steven M. Tuck CLC#16507
1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
http://bit.ly/1NfPNHE
Car Show Signs and Car Photo Books
http://carshowsigns.net/

Offline Dan LeBlanc

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »
CLC member Grant Owen in NZ has the yellow generator tags.
1970 deVille Convertible
1977 Continental Town Car

Online kkarrer

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »
Thanks for the tips!  Got that yellow tag ordered and will make some calls regarding the carpet.
Merry Christmas! I hope you're all making plans to come to Texas for GN in June.
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.

Offline rare eldorado

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:25 AM »
Hello Ken ,,,Remember that Eldorado used plush carpets and not loop ,Many supplyers  do not show this  ..

Online kkarrer

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 06:00:04 PM »
I haven't seen "plush" offered by any suppliers.  Would you happen to have a picture or can you let me know whose webpage to check out?
Thanks,
Ken