Author Topic: Nicest 56 Fleetwood I've seen for sale in a looong time  (Read 712 times)

Offline South_paw

Nicest 56 Fleetwood I've seen for sale in a looong time
« on: February 03, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »
She's black and beautiful with every option. I don't know the seller but hope someone I know buys this car so I can buy it from them later on down the road  ;)

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/d/1956-cadillac-sixty-special/6482327532.html

Text from ad on craigslist

Up for sale is a 1956 Cadillac Sixty Special that has been around the world and back again!! The asking price is $30k OBO. This Cadillac belonged to an Air Force Colonel and wherever he went the Caddy was right there from Hawaii to Alaska and back to Texas. This fine example of Cadillac Luxury leaves no stone unturned in regards of creature comforts and amenities. The current owner spent THOUSANDS of dollars to bring the AC system back to life. It's works just like new!! The radio was also sent away to be restored and the Auto Seek function on the Driver's side floorpan (very similar to your bright lights foot button even works). The electronic "eye" works for approaching cars, it temporarily dims your bright lights until the on coming car passes you on the highway. ALL OF THE ELECTRONICS THAT DOES'NT WORK ON MOST CARS..........WORKS ON THIS ONE!!! The current owner is so meticulous that he outsourced the original upholstery fabric (6 month wait to custom reproduce from the original material type). The original headliner material and an original carpet kit with the correct color and loop size for a factory fresh appearance! The engine was removed and completely gone through. The engine is original to the car but the current owner wanted to be able to drive this car on long trips without issue. There is slightly less than 100 NEW miles on this original engine. The Cadillac runs, drives and behaves like a NEW car........because it basically IS a new car. Tons of documentation on this Sixty Special with pictures in front of the Hawaiian Palace and appraisal paperwork from Alaska. Give me a call or text with any questions and thanks for your interest.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Lexi

Re: Nicest 56 Fleetwood I've seen for sale in a looong time
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:40:45 AM »
...then I could buy it from Lou! Lovely car. Clay/Lexi

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »
Yikes,

That is a beauty.

Wonder if we can talk Jose into going to look at it for me? Not sure how far away he is...

Pick the car up and go to the Grand National. It has a nice ring to it. Will it resonate with the boss?

The Johnny

Offline South_paw

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »
Johnny,

You can't lose. If the boss throws you out, you can live in the car.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Be careful,

She might like the idea and then what?

The Johnny

Offline JAG56Cad

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »
Johnny,

Would be glad if you are interested Longview is about 2:30 hrs East from where I leave. Although going from either place Longview or mine down to San Marcos it would be a long haul, so make sure you get extra $$ for a few fill up for the drive down.  ;D

Lou,

Should be no problem he could even add a 75 TV with extra room to spare.  ;)
Jose Gomez
CLC Member #23082

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 11:40:00 PM »
Jose,

Can't get the damned 56 out of my head. Still trying bribe wife. Now with the downturn will see if my stocks bounce back.

Stay turned. Or someone will realize what a great deal this is and buy it.

The Johnny

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Folks,

The dealer says it will drive back to Colorado no problem. I asked about the tires, exhaust, and wiper motor and he says all work like new.

On the fence. The 38 Cad was suppose to be next. The love of my life does not like black says it has no WOW factor.

Being retired is not fun.

The Johnny

Offline South_paw

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »
The black has no wow factor?  I got a feeling she will just love it once she sees it in person otherwise she is just gonna have to learn to live with disappointment after you bring it home  ;D ;D ;D
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Offline The Johnny

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
Farther Lou,

Thanks for the uplifting message. She is not totally against the purchase just not happy with the color.

Pray for me. I am sure there is a Cadillac LaSalle god out there.

The Johnny ( I hope good sense does not get in the way )!