Author Topic: Nicest 56 Fleetwood I've seen for sale in a looong time  (Read 262 times)

Offline Roger Zimmermann

Re: Nicest 56 Fleetwood I've seen for sale in a looong time
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 03:03:08 AM »
Maybe you can sell her the idea that the car is not dark black but light black!
If the car please you, and you have enough change to afford it, why not? On the contrary, to be retired is fun, you just have to make choices!

Offline Agent86

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »
Farther Lou,

Thanks for the uplifting message. She is not totally against the purchase just not happy with the color.

Pray for me. I am sure there is a Cadillac LaSalle god out there.

The Johnny ( I hope good sense does not get in the way )!

I am not wild about black either.  As you know, I gravitate toward more unusual colors, plus blue.  Plus, I prefer a 54 or 55.  Now, if this were a 55 FW in Cobalt Blue, I'd be jumping all over it...
Art Gardner

Online RobertM

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »
Funny you mention 54 FWs and cobalt blue, Art.  My 54 FW is going in for paint soon. Really struggling with the decision between the original Newport Blue or going to Cobalt Blue.
Bob Melms
'54 60S
'99 Eldorado

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
Maybe dark blue will become fashionable.  Black, Red, White, and Pastel Metallic have had their time. 
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 02:33:46 AM »
When I was restoring my '57 Brougham, (original color white, when I bought it it was green metallic) I was sure about that: the car will not be white. Cobalt blue would have been the first choice but, with a black and white trim, the car was finally painted black. After so many years of ownership, without considering the interior, I still would paint it cobalt blue.

Offline Agent86

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
Funny you mention 54 FWs and cobalt blue, Art.  My 54 FW is going in for paint soon. Really struggling with the decision between the original Newport Blue or going to Cobalt Blue.

Here is my current 54 FW in Newport Blue with a Viking Blue top.  Oh, and here is my 55 FW in Ruskin Blue with a Cobalt top.  Finally, here is a 55 FW in Cobalt (not my car).

My 55 really needs a paint job.  Maybe I should start a long-term restoration of it and paint the body Cobalt Blue and the top Bahama Blue or some other blue.  My 55 is a super solid car that deserves a full resto.  I just don't know if I have another full resto in me...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:22:18 AM by Agent86 »
Art Gardner

Offline Agent86

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 09:20:06 AM »
Some people are pushing me to get a 55 convertible and quit this obsession with Fleetwoods...
Art Gardner

Offline Agent86

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
Folks,

The dealer says it will drive back to Colorado no problem. I asked about the tires, exhaust, and wiper motor and he says all work like new.

On the fence. The 38 Cad was suppose to be next. The love of my life does not like black says it has no WOW factor.

Being retired is not fun.

The Johnny

Your better half knows best.  Black is so yesterday...

Art Gardner