Author Topic: GM replaces head of Cadillac  (Read 225 times)

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
GM replaces head of Cadillac
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »
https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1HP2L5

I do not know if the new boss will make it better. But I am happy for the change.  I did not agree with the decisions and direction of the old guy.

He tried to much to compare Cadillac to German brands. If you want to lead you must go your own way. Trying to match another brand is never a good place to be in a marketing war.

I did not like his move to move the Cadillac office to New York. I felt he was sacrificing the customers Cadillac had in the pursuit of customers that most likely will not switch.

He tried to blame Cadillacs stagnation on Millennials not liking fun anymore. To me he was stretching trying to white wash mud mistake in marketing strategy
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Online South_paw

Re: GM replaces head of Cadillac
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
Yep, the NY thing didn't make sense to me either. Living in the NYC area I have started to see more and more sedans from other unique car makes. Lots of Maserati sedans, Porsche and high end Hyundai Genesis sedans. Teslas too. So it's interesting to learn that Cadillac sedan sales are down a lot. I guess these new players are eating Cadillac's lunch in the luxury sedan market. They really need to get away from the chisel look. It's dated.     
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Online South_paw

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
and they need to get rid of the alphabet soup model names. Just look at the competition

2018 PORSCHE PANAMERA
2018 Maserati Quattroporte
2018 Hyundai Geniesis
2018 Lincoln Continental

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Peter.1961

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Long Beach, CA 🌴
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
and they need to get rid of the alphabet soup model names. Just look at the competition

2018 PORSCHE PANAMERA
2018 Maserati Quattroporte
2018 Hyundai Geniesis
2018 Lincoln Continental

Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Would fit right in ...
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough” -- Mario Andretti