Author Topic: The one drawback of owning a Cadillac  (Read 137 times)

Offline South_paw

The one drawback of owning a Cadillac
« on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
When I'm at a noisy event like a cruise night or a car show that plays music. The damn thing is so quiet and smooth when cranking, i can't tell if it started when I turn the key to start it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline iCAD

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • The Canadian Priaries
Re: The one drawback of owning a Cadillac
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:18:24 AM »
I've had that same problem on occasion too.....I just confidently put her in gear when I see the gennie light go out! Ha!!  :P
At a gas station the other day, a guy asks me "what kinda gas mileage do you get with a big old car like that?". "Who cares?" I replied, "it's a Cadillac!!"

Offline 57shark82

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »

Or if you hear another car next to you with a noisy lifter or exhaust leak.  You start to question if your car is doing something wrong and then when you hear silence after they take off you feel relieved.
Tim
CLC Member #30850

1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville "Evelyn"
1957 Cadillac Series 62 "The Shark"

Offline walt c

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
Lou,
  I'm in my 40th year of riding and wrenching Harleys. I kick start my bikes and when I'm in a crowd of Harleys firing up it's hard to know when mine fires. (there's so much noise around me I have to "feel" my bike to be sure it's running!) My Cadillac has never been in this situation....walt...tulsa,ok

Offline cadsquatch

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 05:06:03 AM »
A couple guys in my car club drive cars/trucks with open pipes, if I don't get my car started first I have to watch the generator light to see if I'm running or not
1961 Fleetwood 60 Special
1957 Fleetwood Series 75 Sedan
1947 Fleetwood 60 Special