Author Topic: Cadillac Salesmen  (Read 165 times)

Offline kimberlin1974

Cadillac Salesmen
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
 I thought I might share an interesting discovery I found out about my car. I have owned my Cadillac for 7 years now and during that time I have spent a great deal of effort in learning everything I can about its history. I was very lucky to have the original owners identification card which has been a great help in learning a lot about it. In addition to that the second page of owners manual had an interesting signature (Ed Snyder) I was curious as to who this was. I knew it wasn't the original owner so I thought maybe the salesmen? With that in mind I started searching the newspaper archives for an Ed Snyder in connection with the dealership my car came from. What I found was beyond my greatest expectations. I found an article from august of 1956 Just a few months before my car was to be sold new introducing a new Cadillac salesmen named Ed Snyder. I think it's a pretty safe bet that this was the original salesmen that sold my Cadillac 61 years ago how cool is that!  :)
Robert Kimberlin

Offline South_paw

Re: Cadillac Salesmen
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
Very cool. I had similar luck when researching the history of my car. My dealer was a small dealership with only one salesman. Deductive reasoning makes him the salesman for my car  ;D 
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
What a great story to go along with that beautiful car!  That color of your car is very striking, what do they call that color?

Offline kimberlin1974

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:53:35 PM »
Thank You,  Yes I really liked it the first time I saw it too. The body color is Thebes Green code #32 and the roof color is Arlington Green code #36
Robert Kimberlin

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
Love the green color combination. As you can see I am kind of partial to green cars myself. I no longer own the '58 Edsel as it lived up to it's reputation of being a mechanical nightmare. Strictly sticking to Cadillacs from now on!

Offline kimberlin1974

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »
Two Beautiful cars although your Cadillac is definitely my favorite. I'm a bit Cadillac biased you know....Lol  ;D
Robert Kimberlin

Offline jfaurschou

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
Awesome story! It's great to be able to connect the dots all the way back that far for a complete history. I'm trying to find similar information about my '57 CDV. I'm the third owner, and I have the original owners information from the owners card given by the dealership, unfortunately the dealership info is not filled in. I've narrowed it down to three/four possible dealerships based on the owners address. But looks like they are all closed now.

But my search will continue....
1957 Cadillac Coupe deVille