Author Topic: Bunch of Old Cadillacs and other GM Cars  (Read 281 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Bunch of Old Cadillacs and other GM Cars
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:19:49 PM »
I got wind of a cache of old Cadillacs and assorted late 50's early 60's GM cars at a farm about an hour North of town. There was a mix of Cadillacs but they were mostly 61's and 62's plus a 63. Some were stored inside barns and some were out in the weather taking a beating. As usual, the owner of all these cars is a little bit eccentric. He is not really interested in parting cars out but he is willing to sell whole cars. A few of the convertibles are pretty rough but he would pair them up with a coupe where possible as a parts donor.

These first cars are a mix of 61's and 2's plus a 63 Buick with a console, floor shift and buckets. There is also a 67 Cad. The 61 convertible with no front end is a likely parts car. He was very cagey about pricing but when I get to two cars later in this post I'll tell you then what he wants for those two.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 62 Coupe

Re: Bunch of Old Cadillacs and other GM Cars
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
 really bad 62 vert sitting outside for years. This should really be a parts car. The 61 convertible is a little better but has some body damage and sitting out in the elements as well. Pretty sad. A 58 Olds 4 door and a really good 61 right side front fender. My buddy Dave and I dragged the fender upright and got a few more photos coming up in the next batch.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 05:32:17 PM »
The 61 fender with no rust perforation, even at the bottom behind the wheel opening. A really nice leather interior for a 61 convertible I believe. The leather was really good from what I could see but we weren't able to drag it all out to get a good look at it. A 59 Olds vert and a 57 Olds 98.

Online 57shark82

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 05:32:50 PM »
I'm very interested in the 61 convertible.  Whats its overall condition?
Tim
CLC Member #30850

1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville "Evelyn"
1957 Cadillac Series 62 "The Shark"

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:37:30 PM »
A really interesting 63 Olds wagon. Would love to own this car! The convex rear window on the 63 Buick. All of the cars in this shed were driven in under their own steam years ago. Three pictures of a pair of 59 Buick's the 4 door is intended as a floor pan donor for the convertible. The left rear fin on the vert is badly damaged and the idea was that the 4 door would donate to the vert.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
Looks like a 60 Olds but I am not sure. A 59 that was originally owned by the brother of one of the most famous of the provinces premiers. Looks like a 61 Fleetwood to me. A 53 or 54 Buick.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »
A really cool old DeSoto. A gaggle of early 70's Eldorados. A 61 4 door and a Fleetwood. Interesting how close the fin on a 60 and a 61 are.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
 pretty cool 57. There were stainless lower rear quarter panel trim pieces inside it. They look similar to what would have gone on a Brougham but I am not an expert on 57's so not really sure. Another 62 Coupe.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »
A pretty nice 59 Olds that the owner said he drove in to this spot. This one car he gave us a price on at $5,000 CAD.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »
We also got a price on this 60 Caddy. Once again, $5k. Looks like the generator went to something else.