Author Topic: Bunch of Old Cadillacs and other GM Cars  (Read 282 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Re: Bunch of Old Cadillacs and other GM Cars
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »
What car is this? I tried and tried but I cannot identify it...  ;D Is it really a Buick?

Nils, I found the front end photo to go with this car and it turns out to be a 63 Olds Starfire.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Online 57shark82

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 11:23:35 AM »

Shame...the cars are in that bad of shape?
Tim
CLC Member #30850

1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville "Evelyn"
1957 Cadillac Series 62 "The Shark"

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
Supposedly, he drove the cars that are in the barns into place. They are covered in dirt, dust and pigeon crap though. It is really hard to get an accurate idea of their values. If he really wanted to sell them properly, he should pull them out, pressure wash them and then cover them after taking good photos of what condition they are in. Old guys like this are typically pretty hard to deal with.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 6262

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 01:27:48 PM »
Well, they wouldn't probably exist anymore at all but for the farmer who saw value in them when they had none.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »
He says that he bought most of them in Calgary and drove them to the farm which is a good hour plus drive. He started collecting them around 30 years ago so some of them have been off the road for a very long time. Nils is right of course, if he hadn't purchased them when he did, they would likely have disappeared by now.

Offline 61CDV

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 02:30:25 AM »
Dan, put me on the list for the LH 61/62 fender. Does he have a good RH fender too? A good interior would help my project as well. Now I need a 61 ignition switch or the good guts of one also.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
I will have to get his number from Dave and give him a call to see what exactly he is willing to sell. He had indicated that he really wants to sell cars, not parts. So in his mind, that fender goes with the black convertible sitting outside which is a shame. The white leather interior is for the white convertible in the first few photos etc. I will see what I can find out and get back to you.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
Dan, put me on the list for the LH 61/62 fender. Does he have a good RH fender too? A good interior would help my project as well. Now I need a 61 ignition switch or the good guts of one also.

I went back yesterday and managed to find the matching fender. It appears to be in equally good shape. The down side is the old fella wants $500 per fender! They would come as pictured though with trim etc. I didn't really see an interior that would need a total restoration so that may be a non starter. He would have no problem with the ignition switch.