Author Topic: Out of the Blue  (Read 152 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Out of the Blue
« on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:18 PM »
How about this for a shocker. My car featured on a web site about classic cars. I remember a guy asking me a lot of questions about my car last year at the High River Show and Shine. He was pretty intrigued and said he would like to take some photos for a web site he writes for. I didn't think anything of it but low anf behold, a year later I stumbled across this....

http://mystarcollectorcar.com/june-2018-62-cadillac-series-62-coupe-resto-mod-this-is-what-happens-when-you-get-attached-to-a-donor-car/

The guy got most of it right but I didn't turbo charge it, I built a dual plenum fuel injection intake. Oh well, pretty cool anyway.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Perk2

Re: Out of the Blue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
Nice article Dan....Carmen looks gorgeous as always!
Nice to see her out stretching and showing her legs! ;-)
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline Cattle Axe

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:38:32 AM »
When did you put buckets in it. And what are the new dyno numbers?
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:03:41 PM »
When did you put buckets in it. And what are the new dyno numbers?

I put the buckets in last year. You are going to have to wait for the dyno numbers, Toma still doesn't have his dyno set up again and I haven't taken the time to go to someone else as it hasn't really been a priority. Don't worry, when I do, you will be the first to know!
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 61CDV

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 02:36:31 AM »
Nice work Dan! Are the buckets vintage 62 Caddy?

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Nice work Dan! Are the buckets vintage 62 Caddy?

The buckets are actually early Corvair with 64 Olds Cutlass covers.

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »
awesome Dan,always to see your car in print,and unexpected even better,but either way it is WELL deserved as Carmen is a masterpiece!

when was the silverado turbo added?
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:00:31 PM »
Wayne, how you doing? How's the flipper?

The guy must have messed up reading his short hand fro the notes he took. I mentioned I had put Hydro-boost in from a 2003 Silverado and he must have just written down boost. no turbo on Carmen.