Author Topic: Out of the Blue  (Read 262 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Out of the Blue
« on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:18 PM »
How about this for a shocker. My car featured on a web site about classic cars. I remember a guy asking me a lot of questions about my car last year at the High River Show and Shine. He was pretty intrigued and said he would like to take some photos for a web site he writes for. I didn't think anything of it but low anf behold, a year later I stumbled across this....

http://mystarcollectorcar.com/june-2018-62-cadillac-series-62-coupe-resto-mod-this-is-what-happens-when-you-get-attached-to-a-donor-car/

The guy got most of it right but I didn't turbo charge it, I built a dual plenum fuel injection intake. Oh well, pretty cool anyway.
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Perk2

Re: Out of the Blue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
Nice article Dan....Carmen looks gorgeous as always!
Nice to see her out stretching and showing her legs! ;-)
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline Cattle Axe

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:38:32 AM »
When did you put buckets in it. And what are the new dyno numbers?
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:03:41 PM »
When did you put buckets in it. And what are the new dyno numbers?

I put the buckets in last year. You are going to have to wait for the dyno numbers, Toma still doesn't have his dyno set up again and I haven't taken the time to go to someone else as it hasn't really been a priority. Don't worry, when I do, you will be the first to know!
He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill

Offline 61CDV

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 02:36:31 AM »
Nice work Dan! Are the buckets vintage 62 Caddy?

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Nice work Dan! Are the buckets vintage 62 Caddy?

The buckets are actually early Corvair with 64 Olds Cutlass covers.

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »
awesome Dan,always to see your car in print,and unexpected even better,but either way it is WELL deserved as Carmen is a masterpiece!

when was the silverado turbo added?
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:00:31 PM »
Wayne, how you doing? How's the flipper?

The guy must have messed up reading his short hand fro the notes he took. I mentioned I had put Hydro-boost in from a 2003 Silverado and he must have just written down boost. no turbo on Carmen.

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
had surgery mid October, still off work ,going crazy with one so so hand and one cut and sewn up one
healing ok as I can do at least a little with my right hand now
I was able to winterize my boat today
I have a screw in my last finger joint for good now so my right index finger will never bend at finger nail joint
I hope to be able to ride my motorcycle in spring as I was not able to last 15 months due to extreme carpal tunnel issues from infection after initial injury flared up the moderate issues I was having
this working for a living really sucks!

at least we didn't get any snow down this way yet!

if you can keep you eyes open for a decent 64-66 suburban in your travels,,gmc preferred  ,momma wants one to drive around in the nicer months
if I find one out there it will be a great excuse for me to finally get to meet the man and the legend,and Carmen of coarse too!

1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
That's really rough Wayne. I hope you don't lose too much dexterity. I know you will stay busy spinning wrenches so that in itself is ongoing therapy. 

I'll put the word out on the suburban. Talk to you soon.