Author Topic: Welcome jfaurschou to Mid Century Cadillacs  (Read 63 times)

Offline South_paw

Welcome jfaurschou to Mid Century Cadillacs
« on: October 11, 2018, 05:41:23 AM »
Welcome to our forum jfaurschou. Tell us a little bit about your Cadillac, share a pic or story  8)
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline jfaurschou

Re: Welcome jfaurschou to Mid Century Cadillacs
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:13:19 AM »
Thanks for adding me!

I'm a bit new to classic Cadillac Ownership. My wife and I were lucky enough to be given her grandfather's 1957 Coupe deVille that he bought from the original owner back in 1975. He spent 10 years restoring it. Originally a California Car, but he moved from California in 1998 to Utah where we live and the car has been sitting in his garage barley driven since then. Out of the blue this past spring he approached me about having the car. I was shocked because for as long as I've been in the family (20 years). He had said he was just going to sell it so it didn't cause any problems with the family. He changed his mind and said he wanted to keep it in the family and that he wanted our family to have it. I was honored, to say the least. It's been sitting not running for about 8 years. It needs some work, but I've spent the past few weeks getting her ready to bring to my place. I put a new battery in it, Drained/flushed the fluids, and added a little oil to the cylinders and hand turned it a couple times to get things lubricated. Put some fresh gas in it and she fired right back to life. Drove her to my place (which is about an hour drive from My wife's grandfathers place.) First time it had been outside in almost a decade. Like I said it needs some work, the master cylinder/booster is going, That's my first item to tackle. The speedometer, radio, antenna and clock don't work, and the front end bushings look like they're in need of replacing. Pretty minor things though I feel, but enough to keep me busy this winter.
The picture is the day I picked it up from his house. Driving it home I had MANY people waving and complementing me on it, it is quite the vehicle.
1957 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1987 Mercedes-Benz 560sl

Offline South_paw

Re: Welcome jfaurschou to Mid Century Cadillacs
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »
Great car.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***