Author Topic: Project Omaha is now Ten Years old.  (Read 177 times)

Offline Lexi

Re: Project Omaha is now Ten Years old.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
Lou, I see in your engine compartment photograph that your oil filler cap has the orange and black sticker, (not the gold one that some vintage Caddy vendors sell for 1956 Cads). My older ride, a 1956 Coupe de Ville had the orange and black sticker cap, but have since been told the gold one is correct for our year of Cadillac? I am now confused. Did GM use both stickers that year for our cars? Clay/Lexi

Offline jfaurschou

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »
Had an epic thread going on the CLC forum before back then. Yes I saved it all before the stupidity started. Imagine the amount of views it would have had if it was still there today. Their loss not mine. It pushed me to create this place  8)

Well, I'm new to the Caddy world, so I don't know what happened but sure glad you created this forum, as I've had more help and better year specific search results on this forum vs CLC.
And beautiful car, I love the interior! I'm hoping for mine to shine like that one day soon! I'm still learning so much about these cars that it can be a little overwhelming at times.
1957 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1987 Mercedes-Benz 560sl

Offline South_paw

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »
Lou, I see in your engine compartment photograph that your oil filler cap has the orange and black sticker, (not the gold one that some vintage Caddy vendors sell for 1956 Cads). My older ride, a 1956 Coupe de Ville had the orange and black sticker cap, but have since been told the gold one is correct for our year of Cadillac? I am now confused. Did GM use both stickers that year for our cars? Clay/Lexi

I am pretty sure the gold sticker came later in 1958 and up. When all else fails. Check with the Corvette guys.

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Lexi

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »
Lou thanks. Fusick maintains the gold was for '56 and the orange and black was used up to '53. Now I got to get another sticker! Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 01:27:42 AM »
Welcome to the club Lou, years of working in construction a d loud 1950s rock n roll have done that to me. But 30 seconds? Wow that is bad. The only upside is you can pretend that you didn't hear certain things like "take me shopping", "do the washing " etc etc🤣😈

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:17 AM »
With my car there is bodywork I paid to have done that I'm not really satisfied with, I will get it sorted out sometime. I think the worst thing is the rubber parts, they're cracking. I've had them on the car over 10 years but the car has always been garaged so it's not UV exposure. I bought it all from Steele.