Author Topic: Out of the Blue Part Two  (Read 216 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Out of the Blue Part Two
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
Here is a link to a just posted article on my Modified Caddy, Carmen. The photos were from this past August and the article is a write up just published on the Driving.ca website.

https://driving.ca/cadillac/auto-news/news/its-mine-1962-cadillac-coupe
A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -

Offline Clewisiii

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • Carl Crittenden Flushing MI
Re: Out of the Blue Part Two
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
That is great.  They should have added more pictures.
Why talk about the engine if they don't show it.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Tonecat

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
    Having seen  Carmen up close at Super Run I can say that Dan's dedication to making his Cad powerful and efficient is a very rewarding experience. You will
    immediately admire his fabrication and engineering skills. He is also very personable and a credit to the hobby !

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
Clewsiii, under the photo in the middle of the article there should be some thumbnails that show more photos including one of the engine.

Thanks Doug, I'll have to add your glowing reference to my resume! If anyone out there ever gets up Saskatchewan way, you need to look Doug up to see a truly beautiful car.

Offline Hotrodln

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »
hey did you put headers on that? ALso is that individual port injection or a throttle body type? When i get into my 61 i was going to switch the carb out for the throttle body EFi/
HOTRODLN AKA Pat Prendergast

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 01:43:26 AM »
Pat, I've been running the headers for 3 or 4 years now. They work great although they were pretty time consuming to build. The intake is port injection using 39lb Bosch style injectors. The throttle bodies are from Ford 4.6 litre V-8's. I changed to them because they are so "clean". For warm up I use a fast idle solenoid that is controlled by the fuel computer. Individual LS coils crank triggered and managed by the fuel computer as well.

The throttle body EFI's seem to be getting better all the time. I don't have much experience with them but a friend just put one on his Superformance Daytona Coupe with no issues and it seems to run pretty well.

Offline Perk2

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
Great work as always on Carmen!

Daytona Coupe? That's a sweet car too!
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »
Perk, here is a photo of John's Daytona Coupe. Sort of. I have better photos somewhere. It is pretty cool and a real attention getter.